Hello im New to The BlackBerry Family!

I Got A Used Blackberry! And Well When i Got it i first Wipe Everything! it was preety much empty with some few Accounts or Something!! I Also Call AT&T and ask ABout My PIN and IMEI and everything was FINE!!

I Unlocked thisPhone Today! Cause im taking This Phone to mexico to use it there. But I have some Few Questions

0.CAN THE OLD OWNER DO SOMETHING? i mean does this phone is mine completely now?? or he could do something with my PIN.

1. wHATS tHE TCP/IP ? Because mine says APN:[email protected] And A APN Passwor and how this will affect e when i go to mexico? is there any way to erase or change this?

2.Whats APN?

3.Whats BBM and BBSIS?

4. I Have a Mexican SIM CARD BUT ITS NOT USING A BB PLAN (Telcel) its just a Simple SIM CARD from a Phone. i put it on my phone! but it says At&t But I CANT Use BBM or BBIS! WHY?

5. When i try to use hotmail with Mobile Network enable! It says "Service not enabled for this handheld, and when its OFF its says Data service UNAVAILABLE what does this means? and I CANt ADD my Friends in Mexico trough BBM using PIN! They dont get anything and i dont get anything neither

6. When I go to mexico and activate it there They would Set Up Everthing for me??

This all all my questions i have since im new to BB family.
    07-10-11 09:08 PM
    0. If you obtained the device legitimately, then the previous owner should not be able to do anything with your PIN.

1. Depends on the carrier on which you are going to use the device.

2. Same as number 1.

3. BBM - BlackBerry Messenger which is an Instant Messaging application used between BlackBerry devices. BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service which is the the service by which you access data features (email, internet, Facebook, etc) on a BlackBerry device.

4. You need a BLACKBERRY Data Plan to access BBM, BIS, etc. That's how it works. Without the proper data plan, you will not be able to access data features.

5. Same as number 4.

6. Same as number 1.
    07-10-11 09:20 PM
    Okay Thx so almost all my questions depends on Number 1 the Carrier!!

But I Mean I BOUGH The phone from him... The BB He Sold it to me cause he got a Sidekick from T-Mobile! I just got the Phone!! I called AT&T and ASK for THE PIN AND IMEI and They told me its not registered to any account!! And i could Use it whenever i want! so i think the last OWENer really didnt use a BB PLAN? or u have to HAVE A BB PLAN by force?? or only if u want some apps to work?
    Last edited by AshionBB; 07-10-11 at 09:32 PM.
    07-10-11 09:27 PM
    Okay Thx so almost all my questions depends on Number 1 the Carrier!!
    sory for repliying the same thing but ireally need to KNOW all this

But I Mean I BOUGH The phone from him... The BB He Sold it to me cause he got a Sidekick from T-Mobile! I just got the Phone!! I called AT&T and ASK for THE PIN AND IMEI and They told me its not registered to any account!! And i could Use it whenever i want! so i think the last OWENer really didnt use a BB PLAN? or u have to HAVE A BB PLAN by force?? or only if u want some apps to work?
    07-10-11 09:53 PM
    If you want to access your friends in Mexico using BBM and/or BIS, you must have a data plan because those only function when you have data plan.
    07-10-11 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD