Just got my blackberry torch and I have a few questions...

I want to set up multiple email accounts, and when I go to send a new email..how do I know which email account it's coming from?
    For some reason I am not getting my text message from my friends, anyway I can help resolve this?

Thanks so much and I'm thankful for this resource!
    11-21-10 07:39 PM
    ^ the best way to set up multiple emails is through the ATT bis website.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

how many emails do you have?
    i have a total of 8 and they're all working fine.

when you start a new email.. you will see sort off a drop down menu where you can choose which email account to use as an outgoing address.
    You also have an option to assign a default email address for all your outgoing mails..

regarding the SMS/MMS problem.. if you set up the Torch correctly on the website i provided.. everything will work flawlessly.
    11-21-10 07:45 PM
    Scroll to the top when you are typing an email. Also, you can set one as your default email account and that one will be the one you send emails from automatically.
    11-21-10 07:45 PM
    When you go to create email, you should see a drop box stating "Send Using:" This will state which email it is using.

For you text messages if you got the Torch within an hour or so, it may take a while for the SIM to provision itself. If its been a while you might want to call customer service to find out if something has gone wrong on their end.
    11-21-10 07:47 PM
    I did set up my hotmail email, and I'm rec. emails from that account. I actually have two hotmail accounts, when I go to compose a email from the one hotmail account that I have now, it says I have no email accounts set-up...but that can't be true because I am rec. emails..hmm
    11-21-10 08:10 PM
    When you go to create email, you should see a drop box stating "Send Using:" This will state which email it is using.
    Are you sure, because I still don't see that option
    11-21-10 08:14 PM
    Did you just switch from another BB?
    11-21-10 08:16 PM
    I did set up my hotmail email, and I'm rec. emails from that account. I actually have two hotmail accounts, when I go to compose a email from the one hotmail account that I have now, it says I have no email accounts set-up...but that can't be true because I am rec. emails..hmm
    are you finished with the BIS set up?
    if you call CS and asked them to set the BB for you..
    they will TEST all email accounts..

and Chris.. there are 2 people here who's telling you about the drop down menu to choose which email to use as an outgoing address.. so i can CONFIDENTLY say that is SURE.. and not imagined.
    11-21-10 08:18 PM
    Yeah, it's just very confusing thats all... I guess I will give customer service a call. This is my first experience with BB.
    11-21-10 08:23 PM
    ^ with any new device, regardless of platforms.. there's always a learning curve.
    you've done a great deal on going to this forum... and seeking for answers.
    it will really help the other members who are trying to help you if you can walk us step by step on where you are NOW.. what you did or did not do.. things like that.
    the more info, the better.
    chris64289 likes this.
    11-21-10 08:28 PM
    I'm using the Torch
    11-21-10 09:54 PM
    Well after some time on the phone with AT&T I resolved the issue, but I do have a few lingering questions..

1. Any better batteries available for purchase for the torch?
    2. Some of the websites say I have to download adobe flash, where do I go to download it on my torch?
    3. I want to transfer a video to my computer, can I do that using my USB cord that came with my BB?
    11-22-10 07:47 PM
    1. I don't think any are available yet. Check the CB store.
    2. Flash is not available for the BB.
    3. Yes. When it connects, choose the mass storage mode option. Then you should see 2 new drives on the computer. The video will be in 1 of the 2 drives.
    11-22-10 07:52 PM
    No extended batteries available yet. Usually I look for Seidio Innocell Battery but according to their customer service there is no plan to develop one for the Torch
    11-22-10 07:56 PM
    Any reason why flash isn't available? Thats kind of a bummer!
    11-22-10 07:56 PM
    It's coming to the BB platform soon, but no way to know if current devices will support it or not. The Playbook definitely will.

This is a long-discussed topic if you search these forums, or the Blogs section, or just Google it even.
    chris64289 likes this.
    11-22-10 08:07 PM
    Btw, here's what you should see when you start to Compose a new E-mail if you have more than one email account on your device:

11-22-10 08:09 PM
    Sweet, I found it, and how do you take screenshots off of your device?
    11-22-10 08:10 PM
    ^ the best way to set up multiple emails is through the ATT bis website.
    Maybe something's different with AT&T, but I find the current Email Setup app to be very slick now. So much functionality that was never there before, including editing your email signature, setting up custom filters, etc.
    11-22-10 08:13 PM
    Sweet, I found it, and how do you take screenshots off of your device?
    You need a 3rd party app for that. I use the Screen Capture function included in the QuickLaunch app.

The best free one is called ZonaSnap.

ZonaSnap: CB Superstore - Download ZonaSnap

To post a screenshot here, you must upload the pic to a site like Photobucket. Then post the image address here between a [img] and a [/img] (but without any spaces).
    Photobucket gives you the the image address with the [img] tags already attached, btw.
    11-22-10 08:22 PM
    Maybe something's different with AT&T, but I find the current Email Setup app to be very slick now. So much functionality that was never there before, including editing your email signature, setting up custom filters, etc.
    Before we had to go to the BIS site on a computer to do this.
    11-22-10 08:27 PM
    Flash will not be available for current BB's. Future BB's, maybe. Flash requires a much faster processor and more RAM to render the graphics than what is available on any current BB. The PlayBook, however, does have Flash support. Personally I don't understand why people want Flash on a phone. Why anyone would do serious browsing on a phone is beyond me.
    Last edited by CASH; 11-22-10 at 08:51 PM.
    11-22-10 08:37 PM
    SnapScreen is easier to use for screenshots.
    11-22-10 08:53 PM
    Personally I prefer Capture It. ZonaSnap was the one I used before, it too is good.
    11-22-10 08:56 PM
    Flash will not be available for current BB's. Future BB's, maybe. Flash requires a much faster processor and more RAM to render the graphics than what is available on any current BB. The PlayBook, however, does have Flash support. Personally I don't understand why people want Flash on a phone. Why anyone would do serious browsing on a phone is beyond me.
    simple answer is MOST people WANT a lot of stuff they don't NEED or Know how to use.
    everytime i'm at Best Buy or Apple Store.. i hear the same "Wants" from kids and teenagers Wanting the fastest.latest and greatest laptop only to use it on Facebook and twitter...
    i feel sorry for their parents..
    11-22-10 08:56 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD