before your flaming fingers go nuts, hear me out. I have been a bb fan and sported a 9700 and then a torch (yes, relative newbie). now use my torch on my other phone and have been using an android. which is nice, but battery power SUCKS. so, i have an upgrade in nov and wonder if i go backto bb or do i wait for the new iphone whenever it hits (had an iphone before but went to torch b/c i LOVE the physical keyboard). so, do i go with the 9810 (att) or join the iphone cult? my kids have an iphone as does my gf. i am leaning to the 9810...would welcome advice..yeah, i need help
    08-29-11 01:59 AM
    Blackberry gives a very professional look. I like to use blackberry.
    08-29-11 02:38 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you right now. It really depends on what you use your phone for day to day. Personally, being a student and researcher, I have multiple email accounts I need to manage day to day. I personally use my phone as a communication device as well (Twitter, FaceBook, SMS, RSS, etc). Sometimes I'll listen to music or podcasts, but I find myself using my tablet for that activity.

Based on my preferences, I'm leaning towards the BlackBerry (although I do love the iPhone's camera and assorted apps for it being a photographer).

It all boils down to what you want your phone to do for you
    08-29-11 02:46 AM
    If you like a physical keyboard, then go for a BlackBerry. if you want a virtual keyboard, go for the 9810. Like the previous poster noted, it really depends on what you want your phone to do. Just realize that if you go to the iPhone you are forced into in the "i" merry go round for music, apps, etc.

No matter what anyone says, the ball is in your court. Read the reviews and go play with the 9810 at your local dealer store. When iPhone 5 comes out, go play with it. Decide if the price is worth it and make your pick.
    08-29-11 06:32 AM
    If you need a physical keyboard, stick with BlackBerry. I love the look of the iPhone 4 (I have no idea what the i5 looks like) and have played a bit on an i4 and while it seems fun, I just don't think it's for me (I used to own the iPhone 3GS). I'm holding out for the 9900 to arrive on AT&T.
    08-29-11 09:19 AM
    For me, if I was surrounded by iPhones, that's reason enough for me to stick with BB.

Actually, I like having the real keyboard. Even though I'm pretty much using the touch-screen keyboard (the "reduced" SureType version) about 80% of the time now, I still like having it as a fall-back on the occasion that I really need it. For example, I feel better using the real keyboard when entering passwords for some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 09:47 AM
    I'm 100% happy with my torch 9800. If you really need an upgrade then grab the torch. If you don't want to stick with BB then use the htc status. You want new fancy stuff with pretty games? Then wait for new iPhone. I have an upgrade ready right now. Still debating what I would like, android, 9810, or new 9900?
    08-29-11 10:08 AM
    I highly recommend the 9810. I've had the 9800 for the past year and I thought that I really liked it, until I upgraded. It's been mentioned before, but the 9810 is what the 9800 should have been. The 9810 is a great device with a nice screen resolution and a really fast browser!
    And it's a great "deal" if you qualify for the ATT $49 upgrade fee.
    08-29-11 10:18 AM
    I highly recommend the 9810. I've had the 9800 for the past year and I thought that I really liked it, until I upgraded. It's been mentioned before, but the 9810 is what the 9800 should have been. The 9810 is a great device with a nice screen resolution and a really fast browser!
    And it's a great "deal" if you qualify for the ATT $49 upgrade fee.
    Only a month and a half to go before I qualify. Tried going into the store and professionally begging the manager to waive the early update fee, but to no avail. In the meantime, I'll just impatiently wait, continue to visit the store and play with the floor model, and count the days.
    08-29-11 12:25 PM
    OP, if you like the original Torch, you'll love the 9810. It is very fast and very smooth, and just seems to get better with more use. I had a few minor gripes with the touch screen out of the box, and was actually wondering if I should have waited for the 9900. But the latest OS leak (.353) tweaked away all of those ills, and I couldn't be happier with it.

08-29-11 01:10 PM
    Only a month and a half to go before I qualify. Tried going into the store and professionally begging the manager to waive the early update fee, but to no avail. In the meantime, I'll just impatiently wait, continue to visit the store and play with the floor model, and count the days.
    The rep in the store I was at said I could have used my own upgrade starting any time in the month it's due (i.e., my upgrade date was Sept 17, but they'd let me upgrade any time in Sept.). But I used my wife's because I just couldn't stand to wait two more weeks, and she wants an iP5 anyway. So maybe you'll have more luck begging in one more month!

08-29-11 01:15 PM
    Wait for carriers to approve an OS that has wifi hotspot enabled, then get a 9810/9900 and an ipod touch and you have the best of both worlds ;D

08-29-11 02:42 PM
    I undertand your dilema. To avoid it do what I did, get both. I use the iphone as my personal phone and music player (maybe it's only me, but I think is the best player) and the BB torch for mail, twitter, facebook, etc. etc.
    09-01-11 03:00 AM
    You just said you like the physical keyboard. Now if you went to iPhone you're stuck with the virtual.
    09-01-11 05:20 AM
    its so hard .....both phones are great!...good luck...
    09-01-11 07:36 PM
    BBerry is behind the competition at least 1 or 2 years. Phones are slow, app selection is terrible and lacks many apps like Skype, you can't do video calling and firmware updates are laughable.

The iPhone is waaaaayy bettter than any blackberry, people telling you otherwise here are just fanboys, after all this is a Blackberry forum.

Other than BB messenger, i really see no point in having a blackberry.
    09-02-11 03:15 PM
    I think its pretty simple.. Physical keyboard VS touch...also I dropped this thing (9800) countless times (I even saw it bounce a foot high)...I have seen so many iphone users navigating a cracked screen yet I have never seen a broken BB screen. Bottom line: one is cool, hip and makes you part of a cultural phenomenon thus fullfilling the "technological" aspect of your identity..(Mostly as a consumer)..the other: a sturdy well built product that relies on good craftsmanship rather than a misleading ad campaign

09-03-11 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD