Hi All I have a BB 8900 curve at the moment and I have an upgrade due on the 9th November I went into my local orange shop last week and I said that I wanted to upgrade to the Torch,but they recommended the new BB Bold as it has the same processor, I really do like the look of the torch but has anybody out there who has one wishes that they would have gone for the new Bold.
    Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
    11-05-10 08:15 AM
    u know what, considering on how everyone loves there bold 9700, compared to the lovers of there torch. LOL.......i may say go for the bold 9780 when it drops......unless you perfer the sliding mechanism. and dont get me wrong, the torch is a great device. but for me i wouild choose the 9780. more compact and OS6 will run much much better on yur non-touch device compared to a touch device, which has been proven for now
    11-05-10 08:19 AM
    Best bet, try them both out in the store if you can. I upgraded from a Bold 9000, which I loved. I thought long and hard about whether I should stick with the same form factor or not. I wanted the bigger display and better browser, but I didn't want to give up the physical keyboard, so I decided to go with the Torch. I'm loving it, using it more than any other phone I've owned. I've been keeping current with the leaked OS upgrades, and the phone just keeps getting better and better.
    11-05-10 08:26 AM
    the only problem is that I sometimes need a bigger screen for maps, email attachments etc,so have I just answered my own question?
    11-05-10 08:28 AM
    I owned the 9700 for a while(2 weeks lol) hated the device. It was simply way to big and bulky for me. I am however loving my torch. Slightly smaller width wise but same height(closed), larger screen, touch screen, trackpad, and a physical keyboard. It's a matter of what's right for you. Wait for the 9780 to drop and test them both out in store before purchasing. Anthing will be a step up from the curve. lol
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-05-10 at 08:45 AM.
    11-05-10 08:41 AM
    u know what, considering on how everyone loves there bold 9700, compared to the lovers of there torch. LOL.......i may say go for the bold 9780 when it drops......unless you perfer the sliding mechanism. and dont get me wrong, the torch is a great device. but for me i wouild choose the 9780. more compact and OS6 will run much much better on yur non-touch device compared to a touch device, which has been proven for now
    How has this been proved?
    11-05-10 09:02 AM
    yes...and yes again
    11-05-10 09:04 AM
    forget the orange store - dial 150 then follow prompts to upgades - be nice, ask for all the loyalty things they can give you - you'll get the phone you want a lot cheaper plus maybe some extras.

basically stay away from the shop.
    11-05-10 09:43 AM
    When will people get it? The Touch screen has nothing to do with the Torch being sluggish It was those early released Operating Systems that the Torch had which made it sluggish.....but from 6.0.0.0.246 onwards.........the Torch as as snappy as ****! It's the fastest BB I've owned and having the privelage of using a touch screen for browsing, and a real keyboard for typing is an added advantage.

The Torch is the flagship device of RIM.
    11-05-10 09:51 AM
    the only problem is that I sometimes need a bigger screen for maps, email attachments etc,so have I just answered my own question?
    Yup! Just play with both.
    11-05-10 10:33 AM
    try both man, whatever you feel comfortable for you.
    11-05-10 12:07 PM
    I wasn't interested in a Torch at all until I played around with one - then again, I currently have a really old Curve so anything is an upgrade. :P

I would strongly recommend getting them both in your hands and deciding from there!
    11-05-10 12:12 PM
    I went from the 9700 to the torch and it is everything I wanted in a phone. The keyboard will be similar and you get the big screen plus the touch or trackpad experience. It was a good switch for me but keep in mind I also had Storm 1 and went to the 9700 knowing I wanted a touch screen plus a physical keyboard but the experience is amazing and I love it !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-10 01:33 PM
    thank you all, I will go for the Torch
    11-07-10 01:24 PM
    Nothing beats a Torch with BB maps or Google maps with that big screen bro

Plus, with the new OS releases, you get 0 lag when using the toch, literally 0, you never haveto wait for anything to load like those low mem devices such as the BOLD 9700 or 9000 or Curve
    11-07-10 01:31 PM
    no if anything bold
    11-07-10 02:10 PM
    no if anything bold
    Well that's pretty darn infirmative

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD