Hi all

Brand new Blackberry user here. I'm having a few problems with my Torch and wondering if anyone could help out?

1, I can't seem to get either Facebook for Blackberry or Twitter for Blackberry working. When I put my login details in I just get an error message with both.

2, When accessing app world on my phone it won't let me download anything, just keeps asking for my password! I've downloaded from my PC but kind of annoying I can't do it on my phone.

3, On email set up its not giving me the option to choose a personal account, only gives me the option to do enterprise activation.

4, Finally I can't get Windows Live Messenger to work. When I put my login details in it says its not enabled for my handset.

I've tried fiddling about with all of them but not making any progress and getting very frustrated!! If anyone can help with anything it would be much appreciated
    05-10-11 04:41 PM
    What carrier are you with?
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?

It really sounds like to me that you don't have a BlackBerry specific data plan. All the issues you're having are probably due to not having the right data plan. You need access to RIM's servers for those things to work (Facebook, Twitter, WLM, and email), the only way to get access to RIM's servers is with a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    welts_efc likes this.
    05-10-11 05:05 PM
    What carrier are you with?
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?

It really sounds like to me that you don't have a BlackBerry specific data plan. All the issues you're having are probably due to not having the right data plan. You need access to RIM's servers for those things to work (Facebook, Twitter, WLM, and email), the only way to get access to RIM's servers is with a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    Thanks for the reply!

I'm with o2 here in the UK and have a 500MB per month data allowance.
    05-10-11 05:18 PM
    So you do have the BlackBerry add-on then? A generic plan will not work.

If you do have the BlackBerry add-on feature then you need to call O2, and let them know your issues. Those are all BIS issues (connecting to RIM) you're having, so there's really nothing we can help you with here.
    welts_efc likes this.
    05-10-11 05:22 PM
    So you do have the BlackBerry add-on then? A generic plan will not work.

If you do have the BlackBerry add-on feature then you need to call O2, and let them know your issues. Those are all BIS issues (connecting to RIM) you're having, so there's really nothing we can help you with here.
    I see. Well I assumed it was a Blackberry data plan but I'm beginning to think not... I will get in touch with o2 in the morning. Thanks for the advice.
    05-10-11 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD