We have just release our new utility for touchscreen BlackBerry devices that allows you to define custom gestures and perform various tasks on your device simply by swiping your finger! This application comes from the same developers of the highly popular PatternLock, Bubble Burst and WordSearch (among many others). It is compatible with touchscreen devices including the Storm, Storm 2 and the brand new Torch.

From the description:
    Tired of searching through lists of icons and lists to find the contact or application you want? GesturePad allows you to define custom gestures and assign them to various tasks including: composing an Email, composing an SMS message, calling a phone number, showing all of a person's contact options, opening a website and launching an application. It's simple to setup and even simpler to use! The application works best if you assign it to a convenience key.

Features
    - Unlimited number of custom gestures can be added
    - Gesture to compose an email, SMS, call phone, show all a person's contact information, open a website, or launch an application
    - Option to have a confirmation prompt after gesture
    - Option to have the application close once the gesture is recognized and the action is performed
    - Ability to modify or delete gestures after you have created them
    - The simplest way to get things done!

The application is currently priced at $0.99 and can be found at: GesturePad - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by tafasa; 09-12-10 at 10:18 AM.
    09-12-10 02:03 AM
    Works great. Very nice app!!

One suggestion:
    I'd like an option to organize the gesture page (either alphabetical or with a "move" option).
    Last edited by tellsells; 09-12-10 at 09:49 AM.
    09-12-10 07:07 AM
    looks kinda cool! good job! using your pattern lock actually on my torch
    09-12-10 09:01 AM
    Works great. Very nice app!!

One suggestion:
    I'd like an option to organize the gesture page (either alphabetical or with a "move" option).
    Thanks for the feedback! We'll definitely consider that when working on any future updates.
    09-12-10 08:10 PM
    Ooooooo! Love it, love it, love it.
    I agree with tellsells... an organization method would be a nice feature.
    Still, this is a great app. Thanks!
    09-13-10 09:34 AM
    THIS IS A GREAT APP FOR THE TORCH FOR $0.99!

It works flawlessly!
    09-13-10 09:39 AM
    Works great. I wish the apps list was more extensive, i.e. BBM, Social, Music, etc.

I would also be nice if I could customize the color of the background and the gesture stroke, i.e. a black background and a yellow stroke would be cool (the color of the instructions on the gesture page could match the assigned stroke color).
    09-14-10 06:05 PM
    We have just release our new utility for touchscreen BlackBerry devices that allows you to define custom gestures and perform various tasks on your device simply by swiping your finger! This application comes from the same developers of the highly popular PatternLock, Bubble Burst and WordSearch (among many others). It is compatible with touchscreen devices including the Storm, Storm 2 and the brand new Torch.

From the description:
    Tired of searching through lists of icons and lists to find the contact or application you want? GesturePad allows you to define custom gestures and assign them to various tasks including: composing an Email, composing an SMS message, calling a phone number, showing all of a person's contact options, opening a website and launching an application. It's simple to setup and even simpler to use! The application works best if you assign it to a convenience key.

Features
    - Unlimited number of custom gestures can be added
    - Gesture to compose an email, SMS, call phone, show all a person's contact information, open a website, or launch an application
    - Option to have a confirmation prompt after gesture
    - Option to have the application close once the gesture is recognized and the action is performed
    - Ability to modify or delete gestures after you have created them
    - The simplest way to get things done!

The application is currently priced at $0.99 and can be found at: GesturePad - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-15-10 07:41 AM
    On a scale of 1 to 10 this app rates a 10 for adds to ease of use for Torch. Fantastic!

09-15-10 07:49 AM
    This one could be great if it allowed access to more apps, like messaging, BBM and the browser.
    09-24-10 02:04 PM
    This one could be great if it allowed access to more apps, like messaging, BBM and the browser.
    I agree. Great app but needs more access.
    09-24-10 03:52 PM
    GesturePad has been updated to version 1.1!

NEW IN VERSION 1.1
    ---------------------
    - Custom colors for background and gesture path
    - Support for launching more applications
    - Ability to set convenience key actions within the application (if the device has convenience keys)
    - Ability to set action to compose an SMS or Email without specifying a number or address so you can start a blank message
    - Ability to turn off title bar in gesture screen
    - Application list and gesture list are now sorted alphabetically
    09-26-10 04:25 PM
    Pretty cool app. I like it. If you could make it more efficient with rendering it would be better. Takes a little bit to launch apps

09-26-10 07:22 PM
    Excellent update. However, I get an error when I attempt to launch Music and the permission are all on Allow.

@Jghost23, if you have the option under General Settings to "Show gesture recognized prompt" then the delay you are experiencing is by design. I do not experience any delay when that bx is unchecked.
    09-27-10 08:23 AM
    Excellent update. However, I get an error when I attempt to launch Music and the permission are all on Allow.
    Great app! I get the same error when trying to launch Music.
    09-27-10 08:46 AM
    Great app! I get the same error when trying to launch Music.
    I get the same error when i try to launch Pictures or Video using the app? All permissions set to allow. Funny thing is that it worked initially without a hitch- going straight to my pictures or video once i made the gesture. After a half day of use, the error code came up. It works well aside from that.

JJ
    09-27-10 08:53 AM
    There needs to be away to backup the gestures created in this app.
    05-21-11 08:37 PM
    This app got me thinking, there should be a theme that uses this program as your background. That way you just wake up your phone and make the gesture for the app you would like to use. It would be sweet!!!

05-22-11 06:07 AM
    i been looking for something exactly like this. thanks
    05-22-11 01:37 PM
    This app got me thinking, there should be a theme that uses this program as your background. That way you just wake up your phone and make the gesture for the app you would like to use. It would be sweet!!!

Isn't there a flaw in this idea? it presumes that you always put your device to sleep on the home screen, the way it is designed, you can launch it from any app.
    05-22-11 01:40 PM
    i been looking for something exactly like this. thanks
    Glad to give the thread a bump. I love the app. I am surprised it is not more popular. As I said, my only complaint is that the gestures are lost on a OS restore/update.
    05-22-11 01:43 PM
    is there a video of this app somewhere?
    05-22-11 05:48 PM
    is there a video of this app somewhere?
    I am not aware of an official video but here is a video review I found in French. I think you should get the general idea from the visuals.

05-22-11 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD