Hello all,

I'm a Blackberry newbie. I just received my Torch from BestBuy Mobile for "free." Had to re-up my 2 year contract with the fantastic AT&T. <Sarcasm!

I've read a lot of articles and threads but I'm still trying to get a sense of what the future holds for this device(Torch) and Blackberry. The fact that some stores are giving them away can't be a good sign. It seems it's becoming a rather popular device though. You Blackberry people seem to be a very loyal group. I guess I'm curious as to why?!

My previous phone was a, forgive me, a Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone 3gs. I used it for work and play. I still have it why I give the Torch a test drive lol. If anyone wants to know, I wanted the option of having removable storage that I could access myself without going through, "youknowwhatTunes." I haven't installed the BB Desktop manager as of yet, my Dell running Vista does not like the .exe program one bit...but transferring files to and from the device has been relatively easy.

I do like the device a lot. It does some things very well and other things in a uniquely quirky Blackberry kind of way I guess. I would like more apps like Netflix, Comcast and a free set of baby flash cards lol. Even with the availability of thousands of more apps I still found myself using the same 20 or so all the time on my previous phone.

I would like to invest in the standard bundle of accessories for the phone, especially the 32gbmicro sd card, but I'm reluctant until I know the phone will get the support and apps it deserves.

What are your thoughts about the Torch and Blackberry? Thanks.
    12-28-10 06:04 PM
    I just switched to the Torch from a Samsung A737 two weeks ago, so I may not be your best advisor...but here goes. I'm impressed by the BB's quality and feature set. I'm still getting used to the touchscreen...I first looked at the Torch because of the full keyboard for texting. I'd say to give the Torch at least two-three weeks, while you try out the customization features. I think you'll be impressed, but personal taste varies.
    12-28-10 06:28 PM
    I switched from the Samsung Mythic. I had the iPhone 3g before that. I had actually purchased an iPhone 4 before getting the 9800 torch. The torch feel more like a "real phone" in my hand as opposed to the Mythic or either of the iPhones. I also have more email security options. The full keyboard is also really nice to have. I also like that I can add more storage or a new battery if I need to. It just feel more like a phone than a toy. Of course I still have my iPod touch to play with. If Blackberry keep stepping up it's game, I'll be a long time customer. The torch is a great device.
    12-28-10 07:33 PM
    Blackberry keeps me as a customer for functionality. Push e-mail is a wonder for me. My business life depends on good contact. BB is the best I can find and I did try other smartphones first. After finding BB I may never need to turn back again.

Form and function make the Torch the best phone in my hands. Plenty of memory for the apps I need. The combination of touch screen and keyboard is a real wonder.

Spend some time learning your way around the device. Check out BB101 in the help forums for lots of tips. Enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 07:59 PM
    I just bought Torch on Monday without contract for $750 (2299MYR). My previous phone was Bold 9700. I used to be a Nokia fan. But since I changed to BB, I'll never turn back. I love everything bout BB and I love Torch, especially the touch screen. BBM, push email, browser, social networking etc. It just perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD