Hi all.
    I'm new to the BB and I just got my torch the other night and managed to unlock it myself, which is a big deal since I know nothing about phones.
    So here's my questions for experienced unlocked BB Torch users.

I can't seem to send picture messages and I don't know why.

Also I saw there was a thread explaining how to unlock the wi-fi calling feature, but can someone explain to me, step by step, how to do it in slow, detailed steps.

Also if you have any other tips and tricks for me to get this thing running smoothly, I would appreciate it big time. I LOVE the Torch, but this unlocking thing and trying to use it on another carrier but not getting all the features is starting to irritate me big time.

Thanks!
    05-25-11 11:21 AM
    The ability to send picture msgs is normally determined by your contract with your carrier. If it is enabled on your service but you don't have the right phone settings for it, u can call ur carrier and ask them to send the settings to your phone or talk u thru updating it.

Otherwise, unlocking shouldn't affect ur ability to send pic msgs at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 11:26 AM
    i have the same thing, I can't send pictures through texts, and were never able to with any of my berries
    05-25-11 01:10 PM
    goto Text Messages -> Options -> change 'send text only message as:' to AUTOMATIC,

if that doesnt work, call your carrier, as you might not have account privelages to send MMS / their network might not support it...

as for 'wifi calling' (referred to as UMA) go and search for it... it is way too long to post step by step instructions, and i know for a fact there are at least 3 step by step guides to enable UMA calling...

don't be scared to search for things... sometime the mentality of "if I build it, they will come" does not always work in forums...
    05-25-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD