If you are waiting for a store to open, or just picked up your new 9800. We want you to share pictures, info, reviews!

Post on up and be sure to give some great pictures on your new device!
    08-11-10 11:41 AM
    Unboxed last night!Attachment 69486
    08-11-10 01:44 PM
    how can we get the torch early? no where is doing midnights are they?
    08-11-10 01:48 PM
    Quick question - The call send/end keys, are they touch or physical buttons?
    08-11-10 01:55 PM
    Was the phone 299 with a 100 mail in rebate? Or 199 straight-up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 01:58 PM
    Physical...same as the 9700 as I recall.
    08-11-10 02:02 PM
    Visited Store in Newtown, PA today for hands on look. Too many security devices on the Torch to really take it for a spin but still planning on getting it tomorrow.

While I was there the employees were unpacking MANY boxes of the Torch, none for sale today. They said they got a ton of them in and actually were talking amongst themselves that it was the highest qty they had seen ordered for a device at launch. Don't know if this was qty for their store/district/State etc.

The one employee does not like BB and said he expects to get 8 of 10 returned due to problems with the device. I have never had problems, maybe I am lucky.
    08-11-10 02:05 PM
    Visited Store in Newtown, PA today for hands on look. Too many security devices on the Torch to really take it for a spin but still planning on getting it tomorrow.

While I was there the employees were unpacking MANY boxes of the Torch, none for sale today. They said they got a ton of them in and actually were talking amongst themselves that it was the highest qty they had seen ordered for a device at launch. Don't know if this was qty for their store/district/State etc.

The one employee does not like BB and said he expects to get 8 of 10 returned due to problems with the device. I have never had problems, maybe I am lucky.
    bet he smelt and carried an iphone.
    Viktor_Volkov likes this.
    08-11-10 02:08 PM

That employee sounds stupid.... android/iphone lover. Called 2 stores near Norristown, PA and they said they would have plenty to sell tomorrow.
    08-11-10 02:09 PM
    He was an obvious hater of BB, the other employee agreed with me. He was an iphone guy- even got a dig in against Windows OS during our discussion.

It is all a matter of need/want, I need/want what this device has. I don't need/want what iphone/Android have.
    08-11-10 02:12 PM

I actually just called that store to see if they are carrying any, I'm probably going to buy mine from the Willow Grove location, they're a lot nicer. Typically Newtown anything, is snooty and stuck up.
    08-11-10 03:14 PM
    Was the phone 299 with a 100 mail in rebate? Or 199 straight-up?

This is something I would like to also know
    08-11-10 05:24 PM
    how can we get the torch early? no where is doing midnights are they?

Several years ago, I got the 9000 a day early by going to the store 30 minutes before closing. An hour earlier, one of the store reps had already said (over the phone) that they didn't have any BOLD in stock until the next day. So, you may get lucky.
    08-11-10 05:49 PM
    Several years ago, I got the 9000 a day early by going to the store 30 minutes before closing. An hour earlier, one of the store reps had already said (over the phone) that they didn't have any BOLD in stock until the next day. So, you may get lucky.

I got my Sprint Bold 9650 a day early by going in the store during their last 30 minutes also.
    08-11-10 06:37 PM
    One of my lines is eligible for a full upgrade (i knew adding a line for 10 bucks a month would pay off eventually ) and I just spoke with my rep who has one set aside with my name on it. No-go for purchase tonight but 9am tomorrow its mine! I cant wait!!
    08-11-10 07:00 PM
    Just picked up my torch!!! My sister got it free from the launch event last night here in NYC and she gave it to me!!!!

Posting from it now!!!!

Love it!!!!

08-11-10 09:14 PM
    9800/6.0.0.141

08-11-10 09:15 PM
    I've called and pestered and no one is budging Tomorrow at 9 it is. For me anyway.

On another note, pricing after taxes at the Frederica Street AT&T store in Owensboro, KY is around $650 so that sounds like a $599 outright price tag.

Edit: My husband just called me from our local Wal-Mart (Beaver Dam, KY). He said they have, I think, FIFTEEN Torches in stock for $500 outright and they go on sale at 8:30 AM (Central) tomorrow
    My local walmart sold me one, I'm on it now, had to buy it outright for $500, but I would of had to do that anyway so I just got it 12 hours early.

08-11-10 09:29 PM
    This is something I would like to also know
    The phone is $199 out right, no rebate. In IL the guy at the store just told me with tax it will be about $217
    08-11-10 09:30 PM
    The phone is $199 out right, no rebate. In IL the guy at the store just told me with tax it will be about $217
    Which IL store? I'm Chicagoland and havent been able to find a store to sell to me. I'm assuming you are new to AT&T? I'll have to upgrade early for $75
    08-11-10 10:29 PM
    As promised, a pic of my new Torch

08-11-10 10:30 PM

I want your wallpaper

may I?
    08-11-10 10:36 PM
    Cyber posted a Torch wallpaper thread in the Wallpaper forum...he had some good ones!
    08-11-10 10:39 PM

So....Do you like it? How's it feel? Is that stock wallpaper? Come on...Details.
    08-11-10 10:41 PM
    Cyber posted a Torch wallpaper thread in the Wallpaper forum...he had some good ones!
    Very cool! Thanks!

So....Do you like it? How's it feel? Is that stock wallpaper? Come on...Details.
    It's here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f123/to...60x480-510872/
    08-11-10 10:44 PM
327 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD