Have been trying for the last 2 days to unlock my sister's BlackBerry Torch 9800 for her but have ran into numerous problems, first off I bought the unlock code and followed the instructions that were given to me with the code which were ;

1. Go to options > device > advanced settings > sim card and select it.

2. Hold the shift key and at the same time type �mepd� now you can see five locking categories.

3. Now again hold the shift key and type �mep2″ then release the shift key.

4. You will be then prompted to enter your network mep code.

5. Enter the code.

6. Press return or enter.

By this time your BlackBerry cellphone would be unlocked.

Upon following these instructions I got no response when typing "mep2" so I decided I would google it to see if anyone else had the same problem

When I searched though someone had said that if the "mepd" menu appeared and all 5 options said "disabled" then it should already be unlocked

The only problem is that the sim card currently in the phone does not receive calls and goes straight to voicemail when trying to call it and when trying to make a call it says "No service currently available"
    04-14-12 09:42 PM
    On what carrier is she trying to use the device?
    Is it possible that the device has been blocked for some reason?
    04-14-12 10:01 PM
    The phone was on the O2 network originally but she would be hoping to use the Vodafone network, have tried a Virgin, 3, Vodafone and also have tried O2 Pay As You Go sim card which all will not recieve calls, I have no idea if would have been blocked though?
    04-14-12 10:06 PM
    Sorry for such an early bump but really need some advice on this?
    04-14-12 11:22 PM
    Contact those service providers and ask them if it is blocked.
    04-15-12 07:17 AM
    Sounds like you're already unlocked.

Did it work before the unlock? Are all the SIM you tried valid accounts that work in other phones?

Or did you just buy this phone?
    04-15-12 10:31 AM
    Phone is definitely unlocked but maybe reported lost/stolen
    04-15-12 08:45 PM
    yea, the phone is already unlocked if everything is disabled. Did you try another simcard, from a different network
    04-15-12 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD