Hey guys! Not trying to start another war, I just want some feedback and advice.

I've been a BB 8310 user for a year now. I LOVE it. It has everything I could want...but lately it's been freezing, rebooting when I make or receive a call, slow to respond when scrolling or bringing up an app, etc. I'm ready to throw the damn thing at the wall.

I've been eyeing the Torch and the iPhone. I'm not too sure which one I want. I want both lol but I know I can't financially do that right now. It's one or the other...

I want the Torch because I'm such a BB lover, I love BBM, the notifications, and the physical keyboard is a huge plus.

The iPhone I could use, but it doesn't have a physical keyboard and that will annoy me to no end. I have an iPod Touch and I can use it when I'm near wifi, but it's useless as an internet device when I'm out on the road. Yes, I know it's meant as an MP3 device, but the browsing is a big plus! I'd love to be able to use the iPhone's net-based apps in all their glory when I'm out on the road.

How does the Torch's BB maps/Google maps compare to iPhone's maps? What's the scrolling like on the Torch? Of course, the Torch won't have the retina display, but how are the graphics otherwise? Does it freeze and/or reboot as much as the Curve does?

I'd really appreciate some good feedback. Thanks!
    09-22-10 02:45 PM
    All I can tell you is I went from a 8310 to the Torch and everything I love about BB is better on the Torch. So happy I went to it. Thing is, I didn't seriously consider the iPhone4 because I wanted a keyboard and there are things I don't like about IOS (I support users with iPhones, so that's my experience with them).

I can't compare maps for you, but I find using Google Maps works just fine on my Torch (and is easier to read than it was on my 8310). The browsing is a world of difference.

Scrolling is fast and smooth. I did upgrade to the .225 leak, as the default .141 did have some occasional lag. Everything has been fast and smooth since I installed .225.
    09-22-10 03:00 PM
    I went from an iPhone to the Torch. I got tired of the "Apple's way or the highway" attitude. The BB is much more customizable and I enjoy the Torch's real physical keyboard along with the option to touchscreen my apps on and off.
    09-22-10 03:40 PM
    It depends on your needs. If you're more into multimedia and entertainment I'd recommend the iPhone 4, but if connectivity, messaging, and email is your priority then I recommend the Torch. It's been said countless times, but I agree with those who say this.

You don't even have to be working in IT or be a corporate cornerstone to make great use of the Blackberry's capacity for instant emails. As a college student I find that the ability to communicate instantaneously with professors, peers, and various faculty members has given me an edge over other students who either neglect the value of instant email or forgo it in favor of the benefits of other phones.
    09-22-10 03:41 PM
    Back to the iPhone 4 again today. Have both the Torch and iPhone 4. Still going back and forth between the 2 to decide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 03:50 PM
    I switched from an iPhone 4 to the Torch and I couldn't be happier. I got tired of the dropped calls on the iPhone 4. It's a great computer, not a good phone. Google Maps works very well on my Torch.
    09-22-10 04:02 PM
    Get the iPhone for 159$ sell it for however much its going for on eBay, then with the cash you have go buy the Torch. Simple solution.
    09-22-10 04:35 PM
    Back to the iPhone 4 again today. Have both the Torch and iPhone 4. Still going back and forth between the 2 to decide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Woohoo!
    Madam... it's just a phone..
    i don't believe you need to spend more than a month ( you started the thread Aug 8, 2010) to choose.

i maybe speaking for myself here.. but i only need about 2 days to know if i like/ don't like a device ( phone,camera, DSLR or point and shoot, laptop etc)
    But you know what i can spot in 15 seconds? someone who's taking me for a ride.
    09-22-10 04:46 PM
    All I can tell you is I went from a 8310 to the Torch and everything I love about BB is better on the Torch. So happy I went to it. Thing is, I didn't seriously consider the iPhone4 because I wanted a keyboard and there are things I don't like about IOS (I support users with iPhones, so that's my experience with them).

I can't compare maps for you, but I find using Google Maps works just fine on my Torch (and is easier to read than it was on my 8310). The browsing is a world of difference.

Scrolling is fast and smooth. I did upgrade to the .225 leak, as the default .141 did have some occasional lag. Everything has been fast and smooth since I installed .225.
    +1 everything branflakes said.

I came from a Bold 9000 and have the same opinion of the Torch: keeps all of the great stuff, and adds more great stuff. My wife has an iPhone 3Gs. She loves it, I've played with it, but just couldn't see myself being totally satisfied with it. I also upgraded the OS to .225 which made some noticeable improvements over .141, but .141 wasn't bad by any means.

If you love your old BB and you can't live without the physical keyboard (me to a T), you gotta to with the Torch.
    09-22-10 05:14 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD