I was in Mexico City a couple weeks ago. Found out yesterday on my bill there was an unbelievable amount of data used while I was there. The records showed @ 2:30 am one nite 10,950kb. I was asleep. Every nite there was some huge data used. Several times also in the morning more big blocks of data. It wasn't me, no big emails or attachments. Can't get anything that large anyway. I wasn't watching movies or surfing.

Anyone have any idea what could be the reason for this? I've got nothing running that could use that type of data. Normal use monthly isn't much data at all. I did nothing different.
    05-12-11 06:55 PM
    did you check what apps were running in the background?
    05-12-11 07:05 PM
    did you check what apps were running in the background?
    +1

And app polling for updates (facebook, twiter, myspace, weather apps,) or things syncing like bb protect, app world etc... Chances are if it was the same time every night, it was the same app...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 07:52 PM
    +1 for BB Protect.
    Thats why there are options to only back up via wifi and not while roaming.

RSS readers, social feeds, and most other core apps poll servers...
    05-12-11 09:12 PM
    Yeah, the first thing I did when I got there as turn off the polling apps. not much running and for sure nothing that would use this much!
    05-12-11 09:20 PM
    Same thing happend to me when I went to the dominican. I received text message stating I had a balance that exceeds over $500. Some how bell told me I used more then 6 GB of data. Told the rep it was impossible on a berry plus I always leave wifi on. Luckily I have everything bell (land line, internet and cable) and they reduced the amount to just $60 instead of $667

Keep in mind prior to leaving I had data protection added for a month
    For security. You'll be surprised how much carriers charge per mb of international data.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD