I wanna know why is my torch running sooooooo slow?
    04-21-11 12:57 PM
    Does it do this after a reset? Have you installed anything new like an OS or a new app? Are you new to the phone and coming from something with a little more pep? Have you pulled the battery? When is the last time you restarted the phone or checked your open apps? Do you actually close apps or click the red end call button (this doesn't close an app)?

We can't help without more info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 01:33 PM
    Does it do this after a reset? Have you installed anything new like an OS or a new app? Are you new to the phone and coming from something with a little more pep? Have you pulled the battery? When is the last time you restarted the phone or checked your open apps? Do you actually close apps or click the red end call button (this doesn't close an app)?

We can't help without more info.

How do I close the apps? Because I was thinking it was the red end call button..
    04-21-11 01:44 PM
    Press and hold the BlackBerry button (the button next to the green call button) and an app switcher should pop up.. Click on all the open apps, once you have ur app viewable on the screen, click the BlackBerry button and scroll down and 'Exit' the app. Only apps that cannot be shut down are home, browser, BlackBerry Messenger, Phone and Messages.

After you close all the apps, I recommend you restart your phone or do a batter pull.
    JPK567 likes this.
    04-21-11 02:06 PM
    Press and hold the BlackBerry button (the button next to the green call button) and an app switcher should pop up.. Click on all the open apps, once you have ur app viewable on the screen, click the BlackBerry button and scroll down and 'Exit' the app. Only apps that cannot be shut down are home, browser, BlackBerry Messenger, Phone and Messages.

After you close all the apps, I recommend you restart your phone or do a batter pull.
    Thanks!!
    04-21-11 02:37 PM
    I hope it worked for you.

JPK567 likes this.
    04-21-11 02:39 PM

if your device has been runnung slow for a while, you don't need to close the apps if you are going to pull the battery, it will do that for you...

under normal day to day use, it is best to close the apps as you go.. even if you let them build up, and then close them all, your torch should become more responsive. if closing all the apps fixes the lag, then there's no reason to pull the battery, as that will consume more bettery power by booting up etc...
    04-21-11 10:42 PM
    if your device has been runnung slow for a while, you don't need to close the apps if you are going to pull the battery, it will do that for you...

under normal day to day use, it is best to close the apps as you go.. even if you let them build up, and then close them all, your torch should become more responsive. if closing all the apps fixes the lag, then there's no reason to pull the battery, as that will consume more bettery power by booting up etc...

100 percent correct
    04-21-11 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD