Thank you RIM.
    01-07-11 09:38 AM
    U sure???? Cuz mine has worked flawlessly also but everyone who hasn't got one absolutly hates it....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 10:10 AM
    everyone who hasn't got one absolutly hates it....
    LOL..I've noticed that too....
    Mine has been strong from day 1...
    01-07-11 10:43 AM
    U sure???? Cuz mine has worked flawlessly also but everyone who hasn't got one absolutly hates it....

That is just one of the many reasons why i made this thread. Another reason would be the same as the "I'm leavin BB" thread (as if anyone cares lol)
    01-07-11 10:57 AM
    So far the same is true with me...no problems (except that I dropped it on a tile floor and chipped the bezel two days before my innocase surface holster combo came). Any "problems" I have had has occurred from user error and have been easily resolved. Like most things, when something negative happens we tend to express our frustrations more than expressing our appreciation when everything is working fine.
    01-07-11 11:26 AM

..couldn't have said that any better.
    01-07-11 11:36 AM
    My Torch perfect working here super fast navigation through a hybrid
    01-07-11 11:51 AM
    Have had mine for 30 day today, Works like it should. No known issue & still learning its ins & outs.
    01-07-11 11:57 AM
    So far the same is true with me...no problems (except that I dropped it on a tile floor and chipped the bezel two days before my innocase surface holster combo came). Any "problems" I have had has occurred from user error and have been easily resolved. Like most things, when something negative happens we tend to express our frustrations more than expressing our appreciation when everything is working fine.
    Very well said, funny I did excatly the same thing by dropping it on the tile floor right before my Active Innocase got to the house.I was quite surprised at how well it took the hit on the tile floor.
    01-07-11 12:09 PM
    Mine works as it should. Only user error has been any issue. Like many others have said I love my phone.

01-07-11 02:36 PM
    All good here too... coming from the dino 8350i (still active) it's absolutely fabulous!
    01-07-11 03:31 PM
    Works flawless, and perfect build quality. Came from a 9000 and havnt looked back. The option of a pretty nice key board and touch screen is awsome.

As with most forums a majority of the posts will always be people with issues or complaining...when reality great majority of people have no issues and love their phones

01-07-11 03:52 PM
    Mine worked flawlessly as well. It was a retail unit, perfectly built.

I returned it though coz I didn't like the keyboard and battery. But the device itself was alright.
    01-07-11 04:06 PM
    I've been very satisfied with the Torch. No problems with it that I didn't cause. I was really skeptical at first, but this is a really good phone. The ability to use both physical keyboard and touchscreen simultaneously has spoiled me.
    01-07-11 04:17 PM
    I can't say it worked flawlessly (hard buttons stopped working, camera refusing to take pictures, music player randomly closing; all fixed with a battery pull) but I can say the Torch is THE BEST PHONE I've owned and I'm thoroughly satisfied with it.

My job requires me to own multiple smartphones (from different platforms) and I still use the Torch as my phone. I just love it.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 01-07-11 at 04:40 PM.
    01-07-11 04:31 PM
    I've been very satisfied with the Torch. No problems with it that I didn't cause. I was really skeptical at first, but this is a really good phone. The ability to use both physical keyboard and touchscreen simultaneously has spoiled me.
    feel the same way. And everyone that doesn't have it, still hates on it.
    01-07-11 07:17 PM
    I swapped with the husband because he just couldn't get used to the way the phone feels in his hands, doesn't like to top heavy. He really liked the functionality. I love it too!

2 thumbs way up.

01-07-11 07:24 PM
    Its great its fast its has big screen I don't get why people hate it.
    Just need time to get use to it.

01-07-11 07:45 PM
    Ok here's the thing, i'm on Sprint with the Bold. I love Sprint service but I want a torch! I've heard so much bad about AT&T's network. Mainly dropped calls and your voice getting distorted especially when driving. Sprint's network has been great. I can tell from this thread that the Torch is a great device. But how well does it work with calls in 2G and 3G areas?
    01-07-11 07:59 PM
    That is just one of the many reasons why i made this thread. Another reason would be the same as the "I'm leavin BB" thread (as if anyone cares lol)
    Excellent point!! Thats exactly why I posted BB torch sux thread.Bravo Bravo!!
    01-07-11 08:31 PM
    I love my 9800 as well. No issues here! If there have been any minor problems, usually a battery pull does the trick. Super fast, love BBM, browsing, texting, and sending emails.

@alaskanbo, I have AT&T and have only had one problem with coverage in a grocery store about 2 miles away, but I didn't have 3G on. Every place else with only 2G turned on has been perfect. I live in South Carolina about an hour away from any major city.

01-08-11 06:16 AM
    Ok here's the thing, i'm on Sprint with the Bold. I love Sprint service but I want a torch! I've heard so much bad about AT&T's network. Mainly dropped calls and your voice getting distorted especially when driving. Sprint's network has been great. I can tell from this thread that the Torch is a great device. But how well does it work with calls in 2G and 3G areas?
    I've been with AT&T a very long time(nearly 20 years, wasn't AT&T back then but they have bought out all the small companies), I also live in a "fringe" coverage area(just got 3g like literally weeks ago) and have never had distorted or dropped calls. I also travel to Sneads Ferry, N. Carolina(with frequent trips into S. Carolina) for vacation every year, my brother in law who has Verizon can't make calls while on the coast. I on the other hand have perfect 3g coverage, have found this in other various places also. All those that say AT&T coverage isn't what Verizon's is, obviously don't live or travel to those "fringe" areas where coverage really matters. I'm not trying to bash big red(I actually like their plan prices) here, just stating what I have found in real world applications.

As for the original post, have had 0 problems with my second torch, first one the slider actually broke.
    01-08-11 06:55 AM
    The torch Is the best BlackBerry out I love it

01-08-11 07:06 AM
    I've been with AT&T a very long time(nearly 20 years, wasn't AT&T back then but they have bought out all the small companies), I also live in a "fringe" coverage area(just got 3g like literally weeks ago) and have never had distorted or dropped calls. I also travel to Sneads Ferry, N. Carolina(with frequent trips into S. Carolina) for vacation every year, my brother in law who has Verizon can't make calls while on the coast. I on the other hand have perfect 3g coverage, have found this in other various places also. All those that say AT&T coverage isn't what Verizon's is, obviously don't live or travel to those "fringe" areas where coverage really matters. I'm not trying to bash big red(I actually like their plan prices) here, just stating what I have found in real world applications.

As for the original post, have had 0 problems with my second torch, first one the slider actually broke.
    You're absolutely right. How could all those MILLIONS of people be wrong? AT&T is where it's at!
    01-08-11 07:11 AM
    I ran away from RIM and went to the i4 swore it was the best thing since slice bread.

I used to walk into the local dealers and look at the Torch and convince myself it was crap, Heck I even seen a dude steal a working model from the display Really? Is it worth going to jail for?

HELLZ YEAH!! lol (jk) I bought one and love the thing! Guess I needed to leave to realize...hmmm go figure. It works flawlessly, is much improved from my Storm 2 and now the i4 is downgraded to an ipod.
    01-08-11 07:28 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD