Hi everyone!

This is the 2nd Torch I have had in 3 months, and it continues to freeze. I don't know what to do. Do I exchange it for another one through AT&T, or is there something I can do?

I love the phone and want to keep it, but I am getting frustrated!

Thanks, Melissa
    12-12-10 11:49 AM
    are you performing regular battery pulls?
    12-12-10 11:54 AM
    are you performing regular battery pulls?
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but are regular battery pulls still needed with the newer devices. Fubaz I've read alot of your posts and you really seem to know what you're talking about. I've been using a 9780 for several weeks now and have only done battery pulls after upgrading the firmware or installing apps. I clear the event log, browser cache, cookies and pushed content on a regular basis and make sure I don't have apps running in the background. But i have not done a single battery pull due to slow or unresponsiveness Anyway just curious, I respect your opinion Fubaz that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 12:11 PM
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but are regular battery pulls still needed with the newer devices. Fubaz I've read alot of your posts and you really seem to know what you're talking about. I've been using a 9780 for several weeks now and have only done battery pulls after upgrading the firmware or installing apps. I clear the event log, browser cache, cookies and pushed content on a regular basis and make sure I don't have apps running in the background. But i have not done a single battery pull due to slow or unresponsiveness Anyway just curious, I respect your opinion Fubaz that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

I agree with DawgMan. I've had my Torch for 4 months now and never had to do a battery pull or soft reset due to the phone slowing down. The only time my Torch has been reset was after installing apps or updating the OS. Battery pulls are no longer needed.

I would guess that the OP may be having a problem with an app causing the phone to freeze.
    12-12-10 12:47 PM
    Do you have the most recent release of the OS? Official release should be 6.0 Bundle 695. 6.0.0.246. Have installed any apps recently that maybe causing the issue? Have you installed any themes as well, if you get a theme that contains a "BAD" SVG code, it will cause such issues as well.
    I love my torch, the only complaint is the slider gets too loose, too quickly

12-12-10 01:49 PM
    I agree. When I updated my OS to .246 it took care of buggy issues. But the loose slider was an issue. I have to admit this is my third 1st one loose slider after two weeks of having it, 2nd one battery drained to fast even after new battery and third one is the charm...
    12-12-10 02:14 PM
    What apps are running? Go into app management and swipe to the right one time. Watch what app is taking up all the CPU time.

12-12-10 05:19 PM
    Most of the time when this happens its usually user error. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there might be a rogue app using up all that memory or its a bad theme. I've also seen a lot of users that leave programs running in the background all day and then wonder why their phone is lagging so bad.

12-12-10 05:35 PM
    Most of the time when this happens its usually user error. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there might be a rogue app using up all that memory or its a bad theme. I've also seen a lot of users that leave programs running in the background all day and then wonder why their phone is lagging so bad.

i agree. this is usually the case. finding the rogue app by viewing the CPU usage is definitely the first thing the OP should do. i rarely have to do regular battery pulls either anymore.
    12-13-10 01:35 AM
    Thanks everyone.. I will be more careful about the apps I use, and check on what I have running. Appreciate the help!
    12-18-10 07:06 PM
    Where can I find APP manager? Thanks just got the torch still trying to get used to it
    12-19-10 10:25 AM
    Go to your home screen and click on "Options", then click on "Device", then scroll to the bottom of the list and you'll find Application Management.

Even easier is to use the universal search feature of OS6... using the physical key board while on the home screen, type in "app man" and it should show you a symbol for Options with a number "1" under it. This means it has found one result under Options that matches your search request for app man. Click on Options and it will go straight to Application Management.
    12-19-10 11:28 AM
    oh and by the way, my Torch is not freezing at all. I really love it. It's been rock solid and perfect since I got it about 2 months ago.
    12-19-10 11:30 AM
    What apps are running? Go into app management and swipe to the right one time. Watch what app is taking up all the CPU time.

For the tech impaired, how do you do that? Seriously, I am an uber newbie when it comes to these things, Hep!
    02-11-11 12:45 AM
    For the tech impaired, how do you do that? Seriously, I am an uber newbie when it comes to these things, Hep!
    options > device > application management. swipe over to CPU usage and see which apps you havent bee using much, however show alot of usage.
    02-11-11 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD