Hi all,

I owed torch for last two weeks, and extremely happy with it. today i went to do some grocery and the phone slipped from my hand fell on floor battery went out!

No scratch thank god but I feel the slide became bulky or its just me? did anyone went through first fall?
    12-22-10 02:30 PM
    My phone was only 4 days old when I dropped it on our concrete floor in the office. Minor scratch on the chrome but not any other issues at all. These things are quite resilient it would seem.
    12-22-10 02:32 PM
    Otterbox for the droppage. or the new seidio one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 02:35 PM
    Got a minor ding on the bezel from dropping it. Got a $3.50 hard case that covers it and works great.
    12-22-10 02:36 PM
    I've dropped mine several times. No scratches because I have a skin on mine. It seems plenty resilient to me.
    12-22-10 02:36 PM
    Dropped mine on concrete from about 4'. The corner of the bezel got scratched, but still works like a champ. No issues with the slider, etc... nothing.

12-23-10 08:46 AM
    At least you didn't drop it in the Porta-John like I did my first one :-)

12-23-10 08:49 AM
    Unfortunately I didn't drop it however my case came off the phone and some reason I placed my keys in the same pocket. Took it out and now I have a somewhat of a fairly noticeable scratch mark on my bezel.
    12-23-10 09:05 AM
    I've dropped mine a few times on everything from concrete to tile to carpet. None the worse for wear, still works awesome other then a few minor dings in the bezel. Slider is still rock solid as the first day I got it.
    Andy357 likes this.
    12-23-10 09:29 AM
    Thanks all, but today when i was pulling the battery i noticed a dent under the battery!! very strange thing!! anyone got a dent under the battery ?
    12-25-10 03:55 PM
    At least you didn't drop it in the Porta-John like I did my first one :-)

Oh my! That's just so...so... sad. I think I'll just leave it at that!

I dropped mine once. It fell onto the couch and then to the floor. Thankfully I'm fairly short and the couch is a low seater so not a big drop to the floor.
    By what other people are saying though, I shouldn't have been too worried anyway. It seems to hold up well!
    12-25-10 06:33 PM
    Sorry to hear about your drop. I have yet to drop mine (have owned for 5 days) I would be worried about cracking the screen. I try to be extra careful with this baby or it is back to the LG Vu, horrible phone

12-25-10 07:29 PM
    Dropped mine off the dining room table 4 days after I bought it, BAM right on the tile floor. It put a pretty good ding in the bezel but outside of that everything is fine. My solution, I ordered the new Seidio Active Case just in case butter fingers makes another appearance!
    12-27-10 01:47 PM
    Never dropped mine before. I always keep it in the holster. Works well.
    12-27-10 01:50 PM
    Sucks for the first scratch. On Christmas my cousin put his bottle cap from his beer bottle in my pocket where my phone is. Got some nice scratches on the screen now. The first one is a little hard to take but you get over is fast
    12-27-10 03:00 PM
    Unfortunately I didn't drop it however my case came off the phone and some reason I placed my keys in the same pocket. Took it out and now I have a somewhat of a fairly noticeable scratch mark on my bezel.
    I just picked up the soft-style RIM holster case for my Torch. My Torch benefitted from an Otterbox Commuter, moments after it came out of the box at the retailer (Bell Mobility). The screen protector went right onto the screen before it even had a hint of dust or fingerprints on it. Truly Virgin (yes, I know that's the name of a carrier) :-)

Now I can carry it in my pocket for my casual clothes that don't have a belt on 'em or when it's just too geeky to have the holster and I have that nice discrete-ish RIM holster for those times when I it would look stupid (pretty much all the time) in my pants pocket at work.

Just ordered a charging pod and an extra F-S1 battery (again OEM) for it, as well.

Funny, my wife's 9700 that I'm replacing with the Torch has been bid up to over $150 on eBay despite the fact that I clearly stated that because of a short dip in the water the phone will not charge a *fully* depleted battery. These phones are built like brick outhouses...pretty much anything that RIM makes is that well made! The comments here are testament to that.
    12-27-10 03:45 PM
    12-28-10 01:17 AM
    On Christmas my cousin put his bottle cap from his beer bottle in my pocket where my phone is.
    I'm perplexed by this.

Was he walking around in his underwear or something and therefore couldn'tput the cap in his own pocket?

Was there no trashcan nearby?

Did you NOT feel he put something in your pocket?

Is it a family ritual of yours to routinely put stuff in each other's pockets?

Are you and your family from Tennessee? (notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat)

12-28-10 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD