This is AWESOME, I had the same problem and was going to swap my device but didn't wanna take the chance in getting a device with OS issues as mine has no problems besides the screen "clacking". I did this simple repair and its PERFECT!! Thank you so much. And as for the "post nazi" that had a problem with this post, stop talking ****. This post has helped me and I'm sure it will help others in the future.
    This forum is here to help people, not hinder them. Thanks again cwoodffr, this was a great help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 10:17 AM
    This is AWESOME, I had the same problem and was going to swap my device but didn't wanna take the chance in getting a device with OS issues as mine has no problems besides the screen "clacking". I did this simple repair and its PERFECT!! Thank you so much. And as for the "post nazi" that had a problem with this post, stop talking ****. This post has helped me and I'm sure it will help others in the future.
    This forum is here to help people, not hinder them. Thanks again cwoodffr, this was a great help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    We moved past this day the day it was posted. No need for you to rehash.
    I help members here all the time.
    Level heads prevail.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    11-27-10 10:44 AM
    I just ordered my Torch yesterday well aware of these "wobbly" issues. I've had a couple of sliders in the past so I kind of chalked it up to, "eh they just didn't expect the need for a slight give with a slider" but now I'm reading more and more that it's almost like the Storm's clacky screen, which I do NOT want, yikes! My second slider did this to an extent but it was a tiny Sony Ericcson that I had before touch screens became the norm so it's not like it effected how I used the phone or was an issue.

Anyway, the point of my post is this seems to be the fix I would most likely use if need be, but I'm wondering has anyone had an issue with the tape coming undone or getting jammed up under the slider? Cell phones sometimes can get really warm so I didn't know if that had an effect on the glue of the tape or not? Thanks.
    11-28-10 10:21 AM
    I just ordered my Torch yesterday well aware of these "wobbly" issues. I've had a couple of sliders in the past so I kind of chalked it up to, "eh they just didn't expect the need for a slight give with a slider" but now I'm reading more and more that it's almost like the Storm's clacky screen, which I do NOT want, yikes! My second slider did this to an extent but it was a tiny Sony Ericcson that I had before touch screens became the norm so it's not like it effected how I used the phone or was an issue.

Anyway, the point of my post is this seems to be the fix I would most likely use if need be, but I'm wondering has anyone had an issue with the tape coming undone or getting jammed up under the slider? Cell phones sometimes can get really warm so I didn't know if that had an effect on the glue of the tape or not? Thanks.
    I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Wait until you get the Torch before you start mentally preparing to fix it.
    Odds are high that you will not have an issue with wobble.
    11-28-10 10:41 AM
    yes was thinking of a fix along the same lines as this and have just done it, it works perfectly no more wiggle.

this is the best and safest fix, so far :-)
    zackharry likes this.
    12-18-10 04:42 AM
    You went to some lengths to address this issue and you should be thanked for not only the detail you expressed, but for even caring enough to post. I'll try this fix and, again, thanks!
    12-18-10 06:02 AM
    does it really works?
    12-18-10 09:22 AM
    You shouldnt have to "tape" your phone to get no wiggle. My white one is solid and my coworker has a red that wiggles like crazy. If it wiggles, get a new one until you get one thats right.
    12-18-10 11:34 AM
    update, I found that the left side pad migrated up over and over. Removed it and moved the one on the left toward the center a bit and it is perfect. Staying in place and doing its job. It is directly below the back button.
    12-20-10 11:27 AM
    A coworker bought this case at Best Buy that is basically the same thing as a Seidio. It solved the wobble
    12-20-10 12:04 PM
    Mine started to develop a "clicking" when my screen was closed and I used the buttons, trackpad or even tried typing on the touch keyboard. It was VERY annoying and the tape did the trick. I used three small pieces of electrical tape and placed them under the back and end buttons.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the fix!!!
    02-04-11 11:30 PM
    Looking forward to the pics. Mine is still pretty solid, but I would still like to tighten it up a bit. I use it closed most of the time, so getting rid of the creaking when pushing the bottom row of buttons would be great. How hard would it to be to remove the tape if you had to for some reason?
    It would be easily removed with a needle or flat toothpick, and if any residue is left on the phone scrape it off with the toothpick
    05-11-11 05:36 AM
    I just tried this method and it works perfectly (for my 9810). Actually only have one piece of tape in place, cause the other one got lodged behind the screen in the wrong place, however it's not causing any problems with the sliding mechanism.

I'm going to see if I can remove the misplaced tape with a small needle or something, but no more clicking on my Torch when I type on the screen.
    10-18-11 07:29 PM
    <troll> I solved my clicking and wobble by going to a Samsung Galaxy S2... Thing is silent </troll>

Seriously.
    10-19-11 12:51 PM
    grt case worked for me, the face plate snaps into the back cover and has rails, my wiggle was minimal
    10-24-11 04:38 PM
    I just tried this method and it works perfectly (for my 9810). Actually only have one piece of tape in place, cause the other one got lodged behind the screen in the wrong place, however it's not causing any problems with the sliding mechanism.

I'm going to see if I can remove the misplaced tape with a small needle or something, but no more clicking on my Torch when I type on the screen.
    Glad to see someone with a 9810 having this problem cause I thought I was alone -__- although RIM shouldn't have let this problem roll over to the Torch 2 but where exactly did u place the tape on ur 9810....Please do not say read the first instructions, just want to know exactly where you put tha tape on yours.
    02-02-12 02:45 PM
    Hello

I have fixed this problem by opening the slider mechanism of my Torch 9810 with the screen facing me and flexing at both ends towards the center.

I didn't apply enough pressure to think it was going to break, but enough to see the phone bend. This seems to have bent something inside enough to eliminate the clicking on pressure when the phone is closed.

Hope it works for you,
    BlackberryBaron
    08-17-12 09:52 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD