My replacement torch just arrived by UPS. Great service on rogers part. It is another mexico 5 build and only built a few weeks later than my last one. Out of the box it has a tiny amount of wiggle but nothing I would complain about compared to my first one which has gotten loose to the point where i hear a clack every time i hit the screen. I can only hope that this one stays the way it is or close to it, and that it works as well as my first. My first torch worked perfectly. No glitches at all and even great battery life. I wont sent it back right away in case this one has any serious issues. Wish me luck. lol
    10-21-10 12:27 PM
    Good luck!! My replacement is out for delivery from UPS as I write this. I too hope that the new one is solid. Mine wobbles really badly now and takes no effort to slide it open. Definately room for improvement.
    10-21-10 12:32 PM
    I have the same issues. What worries me a bit is that my first one was also tight when i got it. If this one loosens up that much I will have to consider one of these mickey mouse type fixes. Shame because regardless of what so many say, I really do like the torch alot.
    10-21-10 12:36 PM
    I have the same issues. What worries me a bit is that my first one was also tight when i got it. If this one loosens up that much I will have to consider one of these mickey mouse type fixes. Shame because regardless of what so many say, I really do like the torch alot.
    As I posted in another thread..after dropping mine my Torch developed a bit of the "clacking" when in the closed position..and here was my easy "fix"

That was over 3 weeks ago now and it still is holding solid. The decal I applied is just thick enough to keep constant "upward" pressure on the top of the slider when closed (which in turn keeps constant pressure on the bottom of the slider) and eliminated that "clacking" sound. Haven't had any issues with my slider since..and since me dropping it was my fault, and the phone is really a gem other than that, i wasn't about to try to replace it under warranty.
    10-21-10 01:10 PM
    Dude is there any way you can make a how too? I am currently trying to get hold of a non mexico 4/5 build but in the UK I am not having much luck.

My operator is currently trying to locate one however if they can't find one they aren't sure what they can do, and I don't really want to go to a Galaxy S.
    10-21-10 01:55 PM
    I will have to do something like what you did if this one loosens up too much. I must say its a pleasure to be using a torch that has no play, even if its only for a short time. I just pray its stays tight like some people say theirs is, although i really believe they all have the same problem with time.
    10-21-10 02:59 PM
    Good luck with the new one.
    10-21-10 03:02 PM
    so what did you guys tell rogers when you returned it?

approx how long did it take to process since calling and shipping?

also were you still in your 30 day window of receiving the phone?
    10-22-10 02:59 AM
    Hi
    My replacement torch just arrived by UPS. Great service on rogers part. It is another mexico 5 build and only built a few weeks later than my last one. Out of the box it has a tiny amount of wiggle bu...
    10-22-10 03:22 AM
    I was worried when I swapped out my 1st unit due to a bad menu button because the slider had no wiggle and was nice and tight. My fears were confirmed when the second one was wobbly to the point the screen clacked back and forth when typing on it closed. The usb charger port then started to become loose. The trackpad then started to creak. I'm on #3 and its purfect. I hope it stays that way. The 2nd one made me wish I had sucked it up with the sticky button on the 1st one and now I'm glad I brought the second one back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 07:30 AM
    My second one from rogers is much better than my first. Both are Mexico 5 builds. Barely any wiggle and battery lasts longer too! Im still very cautious with it though and hope my new one doesnt eventually wiggle.

I want rim to come out with a BB with no keyboard now!
    10-22-10 08:04 AM
    My second one from rogers is much better than my first. Both are Mexico 5 builds. Barely any wiggle and battery lasts longer too! Im still very cautious with it though and hope my new one doesnt eventually wiggle.

I want rim to come out with a BB with no keyboard now!
    That would be the storm series...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 08:06 AM
    so what did you guys tell rogers when you returned it?

approx how long did it take to process since calling and shipping?

also were you still in your 30 day window of receiving the phone?
    anyone?
    10-23-10 03:58 AM
    Called Rogers on the 12th, new phone arrived on the 21st. Time to repeat, wobble already on number 2.
    10-23-10 05:05 AM
    As I posted in another thread..after dropping mine my Torch developed a bit of the "clacking" when in the closed position..and here was my easy "fix"

That was over 3 weeks ago now and it still is holding solid. The decal I applied is just thick enough to keep constant "upward" pressure on the top of the slider when closed (which in turn keeps constant pressure on the bottom of the slider) and eliminated that "clacking" sound. Haven't had any issues with my slider since..and since me dropping it was my fault, and the phone is really a gem other than that, i wasn't about to try to replace it under warranty.
    Beautiful!
    10-23-10 12:55 PM
    mine has a lot of wobble/clacking, light leakage around call/blackberry button, sticky berry button, dust under screen, AND creaking on the left side of the device. I got SO lucky huh? well my replacement is on its way
    10-23-10 01:25 PM
    anyone?
    I am having an issue with my Torch with the volume going really low on handset calls or when Im on speakerphone calls, out of the blue it just dropped really low.
    Im within 30 days, I called Rogers and they put a new Torch in the mail for me, with a postage paid return envelope. When I get new Torch, I put old torch back into envelope (minus sd card and sim card) and return it free shipping on my end, and use new Torch which hopefully is flawless.

I had no slider or keyboard issues, just volume sucked *** on it.

If yours is within 30 days, its no questions asked, call them up - they will tell you to reinstall the software, tell them you already did that, and they will ship you a new Torch - not refurbed, but BRAND spanking new.
    10-24-10 07:32 AM
    AAHHH DAMN!! so I baught my torch on release date from a rogers location and noticed my trackpad wasnt working on par with other torches I had seen so after a lot of back and forth with the store I got it from tech support finally called and said they would send me a replacement. I got the replacement on Friday and now this phone has a very noticeable wiggle like mentioned before in this thread. When its closed and your typing the touchscreen the screen goes back and forth and you definatley feel it even when the slider is open when you touch the menu key call or send button you feel the phone moving like its loose.

So.. my question is should i call tech support and send the replacement back for another device to replace my origonal torch i baught on release date?
    10-24-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD