im no reviewer per sey, but do write the occasional article. This article/blog post is mostly about my impressions going from a Bold 9000 to the new Torch.
    I read too many bad reviews and felt compelled to say some positive things.

enjoy!!!

I am in love, and her name is Torch (Blackberry) @ old news..
    08-22-10 09:38 AM
    Nice review.

I was looking for a positive one as everyone seems to have something negative to say about the torch, am almost tempted to get one when it launches in the UK!

Thankss
    08-22-10 09:57 AM
    thanks! well, yeah just try it first and see what you think. some of the complaints are valid im sure but i havent experienced any probs! love having a bigger screen and still my beloved keyboard!
    08-22-10 10:05 AM
    Yay, biased happy review! It's nice to hear some people are enjoying the device instead of bashing it. It is really easy, if you have serious issues or don't like it....return it.

Wonderful review Florenceit!
    08-22-10 10:13 AM
    im no reviewer per sey, but do write the occasional article. This article/blog post is mostly about my impressions going from a Bold 9000 to the new Torch.
    I read too many bad reviews and felt compelled to say some positive things.

enjoy!!!

I am in love, and her name is Torch (Blackberry) @ old news..
    Good read, man. Pretty much sum's it up, IMHO.
    It's a BB. It's still the undisputed KING in what a BB was designed for.
    I think RIM took a step in the right direction with the Torch and I can't wait to see what they do for an "encore"
    This is my 5th BB, and IMHO, the best to date. It does what I need it to do, and then some...
    Good job, man
    08-22-10 10:29 AM
    Nice to see something positive. Great review man.
    08-22-10 10:30 AM
    About time somd one says some thing good about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 10:50 AM
    Nice review. BB's are solid! Can't wait to check out the Torch this week when we're in the US.
    08-22-10 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the read, I like your writing style.

I like how you started off with the Bold being one of the fastest on the market and then you get to the torch. Though its drops off the pace, It really only takes a generation for RIM to shoot straight back up there esp since their OS is pretty damn good!

lol at your musings about the pushing her buttons and the trackball swiping, swiping, swiping...

my g/f had to get hers replace cause it bit bullet and would scroll down anymore but its good as new now until she gets her torch and were both glad the trackpad is making an appearance even though she still loves the trackball.
    08-22-10 11:03 AM
    This is a welcome change from the highly negative "official" reviews out there. It's like no one had anything nice to say about anything other than the keyboard. Thanks for reaffirming my belief in RIM...even if only for the moment. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 11:21 AM
    thanks folks. yea... if you;re going blackberry to blackberry.. wow. i just dont get the negative feedback.

clearly theres got to be more than a few of us who think this kind of device is far better than an iphone?
    08-22-10 02:05 PM
    The Torch for me was a good experience. 2 things though you have to like a slider because it can become annoying, and 2 deal with a little lag as far as swiping and making gestures on the device because it does a lag a little. However most can deal with this as it isn't very bad.
    08-23-10 12:18 PM
    this is my first slider... no annoyance yet. although its definitely a tad slower getting going than with the keyboard right there. i havent seen the lag. I had one issue where i tried using the scan barcode thing and i had to do a battery pull. I may have done something wrong though.
    08-23-10 12:52 PM
    Being a little "ham-handed" I found myself having to slow my actions on the Torch somewhat to get used to the sensitivity of the touch screen. And opening the slider when you want to type takes some getting used to. With my Bold 9000 there was no thought process involved--you just got to work.

But the extra steps deliver an excellent experience in my view and I have given my Bold to my sister in law. It still looks and works like new and she is loving the BB experience.
    08-23-10 01:14 PM
    08-23-10 01:14 PM
    clearly theres got to be more than a few of us who think this kind of device is far better than an iphone?
    There are quite a few around here that have positively switched from iphone to BlackBerry. A friend of mine is barely a year into his contract on his 3Gs and once he saw my Torch he's DYING to get out of his contract and drop his iPhone like a bad habit. The only thing I've gathered so far that the iPhone is better at is web browsing, and I don't know about you, but for me that's definitely not a priority or a deal breaker by any means. It's supposed to be a phone first, everything else should be secondary. The fact that Apple focused more on everything BUT the phone part tells me all I need to know. I'll stick with a BlackBerry.
    08-23-10 01:19 PM
    . And opening the slider when you want to type takes some getting used to. With my Bold 9000 there was no thought process involved--you just got to work.

But the extra steps deliver an excellent experience in my view and I have given my Bold to my sister in law. It still looks and works like new and she is loving the BB experience.

totally agreed. being able to use that incredibly responsive touchpad as well s the keyboard and screen is quite neat.

i just put my bold 9000 on ebay
    08-23-10 02:12 PM
    There are quite a few around here that have positively switched from iphone to BlackBerry. A friend of mine is barely a year into his contract on his 3Gs and once he saw my Torch he's DYING to get out of his contract and drop his iPhone like a bad habit. The only thing I've gathered so far that the iPhone is better at is web browsing, and I don't know about you, but for me that's definitely not a priority or a deal breaker by any means. It's supposed to be a phone first, everything else should be secondary. The fact that Apple focused more on everything BUT the phone part tells me all I need to know. I'll stick with a BlackBerry.
    I swap with a guy yesterday by giving him my iPhone 4 and he gave me his new Torch. I prefer this phone much better than the iPhone 4. I did NOT browse alot on the iPhone so that wasn't a priority for me. The reception on the i4 was terrible and that pushed me over the edge. I missed the little red light on the BB as well as notifications for everything and not just whatever Apple deemed they wanted you to be notified of. Battery life is alot better on my Torch and I love the weight of it. I'm even feeling OS6. I prefer the keyboard to the onscreen keyboard, but I'm getting the hang of the onscreen though. I'm completely satisifed
    08-23-10 02:29 PM
    as said before,owning droids,and iphones are trendy,owning a blackberry is instant respect.
    08-24-10 08:52 AM
    +1k here, bro.
    I am bapitzed BB but I thought I should try the iBone before I throw too much more smack.
    Picked one up on CL and really liked it for.........a day. I tried to make it work for a like...3-4 weeks. Problem was, I gave my 9700 to my wife, and she wouldn't give it back . I'm not cracking iBone, just sharing.
    I rapidly started to discover all the little things my berry(s) would do that the iBone wouldn't. The things that were important to ME, bb was the only device to deliver.
    I'm not seeing a huge difference in web browsing, either.
    With the Torch, I can have my cake, and eat it too.
    The Torch has me "jacked" wondering what RIM will drop by my 1 year early upgrade!!
    08-24-10 09:40 AM
    With the Torch, I can have my cake, and eat it too.
    amen bro
    08-25-10 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD