Hi, my phone when I turn it on just the battery sign comes up, sometimes the one with the red slash through it, and sometimes with the thunderbolt through it.

I read some threads, and tried re-loading the O/S. I am using a mac so I downloaded blackberry desktop for mac, tried 'updating' the software, and in the middle of the update when it said 'loading software' the phone just shut down by itself.

Now, the phone won't turn on at all, it just has the red led light that keeps flashing 2 times then stops, then flashes 2 times, and again, again, etc.

What should I do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

(phone is on Bell mobility in canada)
    02-19-11 02:05 PM
    Run Windows in a virtual environment or borrow a PC, and then follow this: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-1...ked-blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 02:31 PM
    My Phone has gone dead last Friday. It was working fine until I got home that night and saw the slider was up with NO power. Tried to Charge the phone, but was not charging. Call Blackberry services, NO help. I got the phone last December at BBuy USA from an AT&T No contract unit. Have anyone experience this same issue with their unit. Blackberry CS advise, if they open a file for my unit repair, I am looking at a minimum C$200 to max. $300.00 if the unit is unrepairable. That sucks!

02-22-11 01:09 AM
    Run Windows in a virtual environment or borrow a PC, and then follow this: http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-1...ked-blackberry

ok i just tried this and its not working. after i try loading the software from app loader, the 'load JVM and system software' works, but second step: 'wait for device initialization' nothing happens. my blackberry just has a battery with a red line thru it?
    Last edited by SackHarry; 02-26-11 at 10:28 PM.
    02-26-11 09:57 PM
    come on this site is huge and no one assisting
    02-26-11 10:17 PM
    My only thought is bad battery. Maybe. I was working with two blackberries recently, and accidently switched the batteries, and the battery symbol with a slash came up, if I remember right. It would not start comletely. You might try going to an AT&T/BBUY and asking to test out one of their batteries. Worth a try?

02-27-11 01:42 AM
    Sounds like a battery problem to me as well. If your carrier has a store nearby, try asking if you can borrow a battery for a few minutes to see if that's your problem.

If it's not a battery issue, borrow a friend's Windows based PC (or set up a Windows vm image on your mac) and wipe the phone and reload the os.

I didn't even know updating the os could be attempted under OSX... But it seems the results aren't that great.

02-27-11 02:09 AM
    come on this site is huge and no one assisting
    return it ask for replacement
    i just did i was torch less for a week but
    now have brand new torch
    02-27-11 02:12 AM
    Remove your battery, wait 5 minutes(!!), reinsert it, and then plug in your power cord.

Stupid, I know, but it worked for me when I had a flat battery
    02-27-11 02:19 AM
    I just went through this the other day. I was not able to get my device to work. It still has the battery with the red X on it.
    The thread is titled "Reboot not occurimg"

02-27-11 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD