for a few days my torch has been playing up, its been going really slow, crashing, freezing, touch screen not working, lock button not working.. and it all started after i used my friends charger. the reason i used my friends one is because mines broken and she had a spare so she lent it to me till i got myself a new one. its a genuine blackberry charger (she has a curve).

ive ordered myself a new one and hopefully i wont have anymore problems but do you think my phone is ****ed forever now? even when its not charging it messes up.. im having to restart it constantly for it to get to work normally. honest to god.. ive never spilt anything on it or dropped it.

if its to do with the charger.. heres the little technical details written on it..

MODEL: PSM04R-050CHW1(M)
    RIM PART NO: HDW-17967-003
    INPUT: 100-240V~150mA 50-60Hz 10-20VA
    OUTPUT: 5V 700mA

This stuff is gibberish to me but im sure you guys will know. She bought the phone from the uk however she lives in cyprus and uses it there.. (incase that helps)

thank you so much xx
    08-12-11 08:34 AM
    Output is too high.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 09:00 AM
    Output is too high.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The output from the stock Blackberry Torch charger is 5V at 750 mA. So the stock charger has a higher mA rating than the one the OP used. I suspect something else is causing the problem.
    08-12-11 01:35 PM
    It's definitely not the charger. If you're not running the most recent OS (.600), you might want to consider upgrading -- a fresh OS install can often work wonders.
    08-12-11 01:44 PM
    It's definitely not the charger. If you're not running the most recent OS (.600), you might want to consider upgrading -- a fresh OS install can often work wonders.
    hey thanks for the reply, ive checked that my OS is up to date so im kinda stuck.. its ever since i used that charger so i dont have an other explanation. thank you for your help anyways x
    08-12-11 05:21 PM
    The output from the stock Blackberry Torch charger is 5V at 750 mA. So the stock charger has a higher mA rating than the one the OP used. I suspect something else is causing the problem.
    thank you, so do you think my phone will go back to normal if i use a different charger or is it going to be messed up like this forever?

ive stopped using that charger to prevent any further damage.

thanks again for your response x
    08-12-11 05:25 PM
    thank you, so do you think my phone will go back to normal if i use a different charger or is it going to be messed up like this forever?

ive stopped using that charger to prevent any further damage.

thanks again for your response x
    I do not believe it has anything to do with the charger. The charger is a Blackberry charger well withing the original specs. It had nothing to do with it. If it works fine with her phone, it should work fine with yours. All it is is a USB charger.

Have you done a battery pull?

It may have also picked up some moisture. If so, it will dry out and all will be well most likely.
    08-12-11 05:45 PM
    I do not believe it has anything to do with the charger. The charger is a Blackberry charger well withing the original specs. It had nothing to do with it. If it works fine with her phone, it should work fine with yours. All it is is a USB charger.

Have you done a battery pull?

It may have also picked up some moisture. If so, it will dry out and all will be well most likely.
    well, whenever i put the charger in, my touchscreen stops working and so does the lock button but i wont argue with you xD yes ive done a million battery pulls, thanks so much though. ill just have to wait and see till i get my new charger.
    08-12-11 06:03 PM
    well, whenever i put the charger in, my touchscreen stops working and so does the lock button but i wont argue with you xD yes ive done a million battery pulls, thanks so much though. ill just have to wait and see till i get my new charger.
    Strange. I say, quit putting it on that charger. Sorry, couldn't resist. There would have to be something messed up with the charger for it to do that and I cannot imagine what. The output is fine for your phone. I hope you get it figured out.
    08-12-11 09:28 PM
    You could always reload your operating software. Just make sure to do a backup via the desktop manager first. Sometimes that will help correct little bugs that are crawling around in your phone. Good luck.
    08-12-11 10:30 PM
    You could always reload your operating software. Just make sure to do a backup via the desktop manager first. Sometimes that will help correct little bugs that are crawling around in your phone. Good luck.
    kayyy.. time for me to be a total noob and ask you how to do that step by step.. with details xD im just scared i dont want to mess my phone up even more ):
    08-13-11 05:50 PM
    Strange. I say, quit putting it on that charger. Sorry, couldn't resist. There would have to be something messed up with the charger for it to do that and I cannot imagine what. The output is fine for your phone. I hope you get it figured out.
    lol, got my new charger today.. ironically.. it was god damn broken.. but it did work unless i put it in a certain position.. and my phone worked perfectly fine.. however.... still damn slow and laggy.. i hope i do tooooo!! waaaaa!!
    08-13-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD