Hey guys, I just bought the Torch. I am just wondering what accessories and cases I need to buy to keep it in pristine condition. Thanks
    12-28-10 11:57 AM
    sorry, another question. just wondering about the upkeep of the phone as well. how do you update and add ringtones and so forth to your phone. if there is any link you can forward me too, it would be much appreciated.
    12-28-10 12:01 PM
    I have a screen protector on mine. I also use a holster when I put it in my purse.

CB has a great section where you can get paid and free ringtones. My provider, ATT also has tons that I can buy.
    12-28-10 12:24 PM
    I use docking stations to charge mine instead of having it laying around. I also use a screen cover, and a case film for the back. Note that some screen covers will render the light sensor that shuts off the screen in phone calls useless, in which case, will cause you to hit speakerphone, mute, and hold quite often while in calls with your cheek. Source: myself =D

EDIT: I also use a leather holster from CrackBerry to keep it on my side instead of in a pocket to get scratched.
    Last edited by PFCYoung; 12-28-10 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added more information.
    12-28-10 12:32 PM
    You have many options for cases-Otterbox, Seidio, CaseMate, etc. Im a firm believer in cases on a new device. Be sure to also purchase a quality screen protector. Seidio makes a good one, and my Otterbox Commuter case came with one also. Many nice screen protectors out there. This is the way I see it-your Berry is a big investment, dont scrimp on a cheap case or a cheap screen protector, the old adage is very true here-you get what you pay for.
    12-28-10 12:45 PM
    I have a Clear Coat on my screen and I am very happy with it. True, it did change the "feel" of the screen which I didn't like at first. But, I quickly got used to it. It doesn't affect the screen's touch sensitivity at all nor does it interfere with turning the screen "off" when I bring it close to my head to talk.
    12-28-10 02:07 PM
    I use docking stations to charge mine instead of having it laying around. I also use a screen cover, and a case film for the back. Note that some screen covers will render the light sensor that shuts off the screen in phone calls useless, in which case, will cause you to hit speakerphone, mute, and hold quite often while in calls with your cheek. Source: myself =D

EDIT: I also use a leather holster from CrackBerry to keep it on my side instead of in a pocket to get scratched.
    I have been wondering why my screen hasn't been dimming while I'm on the phone. Am getting real sick of hitting speakerphone with my cheek lol. I have an invisishield on my torch so I guess that would be causing my phone to do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 02:24 PM
    thanks for all of the input, i ended up buying a hard case, it feels great. another question, how do i know that i am using wifi on my torch, is there supposed to be a sign saying Wifi? im pretty new to all of this so i dont wanna get charged. are there any other options that i should set on my phone that will help it work faster? anyways, thanks
    12-29-10 11:55 PM
    On the default theme if you are on wifi you should see something similar to 4 dots or a small version of the BB logo beside the wifi symbol. Usually if you have wifi avilable it will give wifi priority. Nothing you can really set on the phone to make it faster, besides deleting unnessary apps you dont need
    12-30-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD