Just to give you a heads up of the hidden fees with Bell (maybe every carrier)
    My torch was 2.5 months old and had to go back for repair. I had to put a total deposit of $423 to send my phone back and to get a loaner phone to cover the cost of a 1 year warranty! I did get $289 back when my torch was returned to me. $134 to cover shipping and handling and a loaner phone for 4 weeks? Plus, my time and aggrevation in dealing with Bell customer support over the phone and customer support at the store! The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing! To be out of pocket $134 to cover a repair in warranty is ridiculous!
    03-16-11 02:43 PM
    One of the reason some people opt for the retail store warranties.

They don't want to deal with fixing it or why it's broken (and generally they don't do it themselves) so it's usually a rather simple swap-out.
    03-16-11 02:46 PM
    One of the reason some people opt for the retail store warranties.

They don't want to deal with fixing it or why it's broken (and generally they don't do it themselves) so it's usually a rather simple swap-out.

I have had terrible experiences with telus for the same issues.. i spoke to one rep on the phone, after having terribly network / data issues on my 8330. they told me to bring it to the telus store, as it was under warranty, and i would get a 'new' one. I even asked on the phone, if it was actually new, or a refurb... she assured me it was new.

when i got to the store, that is when they started about sending it out for service, and i would have to pay shipping, and for the new phone, if the problems were my fault etc... when that was all done, i got a refurb....

USELESS

telus now offers insurance, to swap for a new phone.. $10 / mo, and then a $100 deductible when you need to swap ?!?!

Still USELESS

I now have the torch, I got my torch from future shop, for $79, by renewing my telus contract... the rep @ future shop even tweaked my monthly plan, to save me $30 / mo... while adding services...

i went with the future PRP insurance on the torch.. costs $12.95 a month. (i saved 30, so i am still in the black), NO DEDUCTIBLE to swap it...

they don't send anything out, they dont ask questions - as long as you can show the sales person in store it is defective, they will actually take a brand new one from the display case, and give it to you...

what they do with afterwards? who cares?

FANTASTIC

long story short, go with a big box store, as their insurance trump's the carrier's by far !

Oh, and dont forget to back-up your stuff with DM before heading to the store
    03-16-11 03:10 PM
    Wait...this was under warranty and you still had to pay $134 for a REPAIR?

For that price insurance would have replaced the phone brand new. The fact that you had to put a deposit makes it even worse.
    03-16-11 03:11 PM
    $50 for loaner phone, $40 for shipping/handling and $30 service fees and 13% taxes! Plus they gave me a bold 9700 loaner phone which wouldn't connect to the internet and after 2.5 hours at 2 different bell stores, they finally gave me a 9000!
    Being this is my first blackberry, and knowing what I know now, I guess I should have gotten a warranty for the warranty! I will walk around with a roll of quarters in my pocket the rest of my life before I ever buy anything from Bell again! And by the way, love the torch!
    03-17-11 09:28 AM
    I am sorry to read of your misfortune but I also think you were taken my friend. When I returned my 3 month old Torch this is what happened.
    - Gave the store (Baka Wireless) my Torch with a very wobbly slider.
    - They sent it for repair.
    - When it came back from repair, 17 days later, they called me and I picked it up. It's the same phone, same serial number...not a refurb. They replaced the entire LCD/Slider part.

I didn't pay anything. Also it should be noted that I didn't even purchase the phone from their store.
    03-17-11 09:46 AM
    I am sorry to read of your misfortune but I also think you were taken my friend. When I returned my 3 month old Torch this is what happened.
    - Gave the store (Baka Wireless) my Torch with a very wobbly slider.
    - They sent it for repair.
    - When it came back from repair, 17 days later, they called me and I picked it up. It's the same phone, same serial number...not a refurb. They replaced the entire LCD/Slider part.

I didn't pay anything. Also it should be noted that I didn't even purchase the phone from their store.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 10:00 AM
    Bell just doesn't know how to do business. Sorry my to hear my friend. I've been through rough times with them as well and wish I haven't been stuck with them for 3 years. It's 3 years that I will never get back.
    03-17-11 10:32 AM
    I had a simliar issue with my 9780, but talked to the "right person" I suppose. I didn't have to pay any of those fees (although I still haven't got my phone back), but had the send in fee waived and had my phone bill cut in half for the next two months.

The truly infuriating thing here is, I have had problems with other devices with Bell, but have had extremely inconsistent responses. One girl I know who worked for a Bell customer service call centre several years ago told me each representative has a daily budget to 'fix' customer problems, and effectively when their budget is done for the day, their 'solutions' become more inane - I'm not sure if this is the way they still do business, but I am pretty sure that their customer service remains contracted out to a third party, so it wouldn't surprise me. One thing I do know is that "customer solutions" do not have the same constraints as "customer service" people, so if you want some renumeration, I would talk to them (sadly, you may have to threaten to cancel just to talk to them).

So give them a call, see if you can get a deal!
    Good luck.
    03-17-11 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD