My blackberry got dropped in water about a month ago. Only just come to fixing it, I did the rice trick etc. didnt work. Bought a new battery, Supprisingly everything works fine now apart from the signal. Its nothing to do with my network as i use another phone with the same sim at the moment.

I was just wondering if anyone knows hows to repair and replace the signal atenna maybe? Or any other way that would solve this problem. Vodafone,Who im with refuse to take the phone in for repairs as its been water damaged even thought its next to fully functional.

Any help is very helpfull and thankfull
    09-23-11 04:55 AM
    all i can see on ebay is
    antena flex cable

10X ORIGINAL OEM BLACKBERRY 9800 ANTENNA FLEX CABLE FIX | eBay

may be its the piece inside the case, so if you change the case, may be it will work?
    09-23-11 09:20 AM
    My blackberry got dropped in water about a month ago. Only just come to fixing it, I did the rice trick etc. didnt work. Bought a new battery, Supprisingly everything works fine now apart from the signal. Its nothing to do with my network as i use another phone with the same sim at the moment.

I was just wondering if anyone knows hows to repair and replace the signal atenna maybe? Or any other way that would solve this problem. Vodafone,Who im with refuse to take the phone in for repairs as its been water damaged even thought its next to fully functional.

Any help is very helpfull and thankfull
    You could end up replacing a lot of parts, there is no way to know exactly what was damaged by the water. You would just be guessing. Best to have it exchanged, will end up costing less than trial and error, that is not the way electronics get fixed, and why the vendors exchange them rather than replace them. When they refurb them they just replace the guts, the labor to repair by a person is more than the unit is worth.
    09-23-11 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD