okay so basically I just got my bb torch like last week..everything is going fine and then i decided i wanted to send a picture to my friend over text message (he doesnt hav a bb)
    i go thru my pictures and soon enough discover that only a couple of them dont have the sending option.. i took the other advice to change the size of my pictures and still no luck

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    02-28-11 09:50 PM
    Are they all saved on your micro SD card?
    02-28-11 09:56 PM
    are you sending it as mms and not sms? cause by default, the texting on the torch is defaulted through sms.

i've had the same problem too when i got my torch. that solved it for me.

easiest is to open your text messages and attach the picture from there.
    02-28-11 10:07 PM
    Go to Options in Text Messages and make sure that MMS settings are at "Always".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 08:57 AM
    are you sending it as mms and not sms? cause by default, the texting on the torch is defaulted through sms.

i've had the same problem too when i got my torch. that solved it for me.

easiest is to open your text messages and attach the picture from there.
    but the thing is that th pictures that cant be sent dont even have the option to send it. the little icon on the bottom left of the picture is blanked out
    03-01-11 06:38 PM
    Are they all saved on your micro SD card?
    umm all it says is that its saved on the media card...
    03-01-11 06:40 PM
    Go to Options in Text Messages and make sure that MMS settings are at "Always".

its already like that
    03-01-11 06:41 PM
    but the thing is that th pictures that cant be sent dont even have the option to send it. the little icon on the bottom left of the picture is blanked out
    When you open text messages, is there a paper clip icon on the bottom of the screen? If so, that is what you use to attach a picture to a text. Once you do, the send button will not be blanked out.

03-01-11 07:15 PM
    When you open text messages, is there a paper clip icon on the bottom of the screen? If so, that is what you use to attach a picture to a text. Once you do, the send button will not be blanked out.

Ya it does have that option but if i click on the picture that doesnt have the option to send it won't let me attach it to the text
    03-02-11 03:24 PM
    Ya it does have that option but if i click on the picture that doesnt have the option to send it won't let me attach it to the text
    Are these the steps you take?
    1. Open txt msgs
    2. Click on paper clip icon
    3. Choose "Picture" from list
    4. Open Picture folder
    5. Click on the picture you want in the text
    After this the picture should be inserted in the text message.

03-03-11 01:41 AM
    Muffin what carrier are you using this Torch with?
    03-03-11 08:41 AM
    Muffin what carrier are you using this Torch with?
    I am on att. I set mine to always mms. I tried sending from picture album and from paper clip in a new text. But when I enter my album and click on my pic...it just goes to preview it rather than inserting it my text

03-08-11 06:29 PM
    I am on att. I set mine to always mms. I tried sending from picture album and from paper clip in a new text. But when I enter my album and click on my pic...it just goes to preview it rather than inserting it my text

You followed the exact steps I posted above? ... Because, normally, once you hit the paper clip icon, go to pictures, click on the picture you want to send, it automatically should enter into a brand new text msg.

03-09-11 01:50 AM
    Best question is encryption enabled on your device? If you have encryption enabled no pictures you take will have the ability to send.
    03-09-11 06:50 AM
    It sounds like both RutGuy and Muffin are trying to go to the album to attach the picture. Go to the message first. At the bottom of the message screen, you will see the paper clip. Click on that paper clip and you can select what you want to attach. Select pictures and you will go to the album. Select the pic you want and it will attach into a message.

If you two are already doing the attachment in this fashion, sorry for restating it.
    03-09-11 01:44 PM
    '
    Best question is encryption enabled on your device? If you have encryption enabled no pictures you take will have the ability to send.
    How can I find out if encryption is what is causing my issues. Afterall this is a company phone.

03-09-11 07:07 PM
    Oh and I did try attaching from the text paperclip and the picture album. When I go to click it just brings me to the full screen view. Clicking it does not attach it

03-09-11 07:11 PM
    muffin 101 I know what you mean I am having the same issue, so far i have figured out that I can send a picture by hitting the paper clip--> attach picture--> camera and taking the picture right there. I am unsure of how to send pre-existent pics. I have followed everyone's steps and I'm set and it's still not working...
    03-13-11 05:18 PM
    Im sry to Intrupt but My BB wont even highlight the paper clip. I try to tap it but it wont select. Like its grayed out. And when I go to my pictures I only have 2 options. Bluetooth or E-mail. I hope someone knows how to tell me how to fix this step by step. Because I even did a factory reset on it and It didnt seem to matter. It still wont let me hit the paper clip. And only gives me those two options at pictures
    04-01-11 01:19 AM
    Im sry to Intrupt but My BB wont even highlight the paper clip. I try to tap it but it wont select. Like its grayed out. And when I go to my pictures I only have 2 options. Bluetooth or E-mail. I hope someone knows how to tell me how to fix this step by step. Because I even did a factory reset on it and It didnt seem to matter. It still wont let me hit the paper clip. And only gives me those two options at pictures
    Have you read all the way from the begining of the thread? Do you have it set to mms, and not txt etc....

04-01-11 06:25 AM
    Muffin and ruitguy : what OS's are you running ??

04-01-11 06:26 AM
    Im Running the new Os 6

mms? What does that stand for? Where is that option. I dont see a text or mms option when I send text.
    When I buy other phones or even when I use my girlfriends Iphone I dont have problems sending a simple pic.
    I dont know which is worse me being stupid on my blackberry on how to send a picture asking probly dumb questions.
    Or the Blackberry making it complicated.
    Last edited by Raydenlord; 04-01-11 at 02:28 PM.
    04-01-11 02:23 PM
    I only have the option to send a picture by Bluetooth or e-mail when im at my pictures..
    When im texting I cant text one / attach one meaning I cant highlight my attach button on the bottom that
    has a paper clip when im texting to send a pic

04-01-11 02:36 PM
    Im Running the new Os 6

mms? What does that stand for? Where is that option. I dont see a text or mms option when I send text.
    When I buy other phones or even when I use my girlfriends Iphone I dont have problems sending a simple pic.
    I dont know which is worse me being stupid on my blackberry on how to send a picture asking probly dumb questions.
    Or the Blackberry making it complicated.
    All Torch's run OS6. when someone asks what version you are running they want to know is it 6.0.0.246 or .337 or .448 etc. If your carrier is ATT then most likely you are running .246.

Go to the options icon on your phone and tap it. At the top of the options menu that opens up is a search function...tap it and then type encryp...it will pull up an encryption option that you should now tap. THis will pull up the encryption menu. Under the heading "media Card" there is a box opposite "Encrypt". If it is checked, uncheck it by tapping it once. Then hit the white back arrow that is next to your trackpad until you return to your homescreen. It will ask you to save changes so tap yes. If the media card encrypt was checked, then all photos you have taken can't be sent. All photos you take from now all can be sent.

Take a photo. then go back to your homescreen, tap on text message. Select someone to send a message to, then touch the paperclip. A menu will pop up for you to select what you want to attach. In this case it is a picture, so tap picture. This will take you to an option to select Camera Pictures, Picture library, Wallpaper. Tap Camera Pictures. Tap the picture you just took. the phone will automatically place this pic in a text message balloon and you can then type your message with the pic. Then tap the second icon from the left at the bottom of your screen and it will send your picture and message.
    Last edited by newcollector; 04-01-11 at 03:07 PM.
    ghostryder12 likes this.
    04-01-11 03:03 PM
    OK. I came here looking for a solution to my similar problem. I have not had any problems sending pictures via text until just inthe last couple of days and know of no changes that I have physically made to my BB 9810 7.0 Bundle 1355 (v7.0.0.261, platform 5.0.0.469). I get the immediate "Failed to send message" notice even though the message appears to build fine with the included or attached picture. I have followed this entire thread and tried everything so far to no avail. Last night, the pictures were not showing up in texts sent to me until after I saved them and opened them. By changing to ALWAYS MMS, instead of automatic, I think this problem might have cured itself, but I am still unable to send pictures and this will be frustrating very soon!
    I do not email or BBM from my phone. I have NOT changed the phone's camera resolution. I cannot recal changing any phone options that would have affected my ability to send pictures all of the sudden either. HELP??? Thank you!
    12-30-11 11:59 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD