much like the 9500,my torch seems to mute or put the caller on hold whilst on a call due to the touch screen.Is there a solution for this?
    04-15-11 03:18 PM
    Try to tilt the phone away from your head when you talk. That's why I do and I've never accidentally touched the screen while talking on the phone and I can still hear the person I'm talking to clearly and they can hear me.
    04-15-11 03:20 PM
    The touchscreen should goto sleep when you are on a call. The main cause for the screen not shutting off when in call, is a crappy screen protector, interfering with the prox sensor..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 04:10 PM
    the proximity sensor is located very close to the red led in front of your phone (top right of the screen), if your ear does not obscure that sensor you will have that problem

if you want to see where it's located, call your voice mail and, with your finger, pass arround the red led, that should close your screen right away, if your ear does not touch that part, you will have that problem.

Like I said try the test, you will understand how the proximity sensor work (and remember to call your voice mail or someone else, otherwise the proximity sensor is off).
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 04-15-11 at 04:51 PM.
    04-15-11 04:48 PM
    If you want a reference, look up a pic of a white torch. You can see the prox sensor. Up top you will see two cavaties, one for the notification LED, to the right of it is your prox sensor

04-15-11 07:14 PM
    If you want a reference, look up a pic of a white torch. You can see the prox sensor. Up top you will see two cavaties, one for the notification LED, to the right of it is your prox sensor

I can see it on my Black Torch as well. Though I should add the fact that my eyesight has been diagnosed as being better than 20/20 vision so I doubt many others could see it as well on their black Torch's.
    04-15-11 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD