Hey guys, im trying to add music to my Torch on my 8gb card.

My problem is, when i go to add music, even if i add it to the /Music folder, or the /Music/Media Sync folder, it syncs over 12000 of my songs (which i didnt choose, and doesnt fit on an 8gb card), and it greys them out and gives the usual error (click to be synced on next connect).

Im trying to add JUST a select set of songs.
    I made a windows media player playlist and trying BB Media Sync, and it does it, i manual copied it to the BB folders /music and /music/media sync.

Is there a guide, or anything i can step by step? maybe im missing something?

Thanks
    -Sawm
    11-15-10 02:24 PM
    If you only want certain songs do you even need to sync them?

You could just copy paste it into the folder manually. Sync generally implies that you want to keep 2 different devices in the same state.
    11-15-10 02:25 PM
    Thats what im saying papped. I tried to manual copy them to the device, and SOMEHOW, it magically pulls in ALL the names of my other songs on my PC and plops them on there, all gray'ed out.
    11-15-10 02:32 PM
    Still havin' problems. Any idears?
    11-15-10 04:44 PM
    First let me say I'm no expert But when I add music ..

Plug in the phone to pc
    Open the phone memory card on pc
    Open the music folder (on device or memory card)
    Drag and drop my music from pc to phone

I don't use the desktop manager in any way.
    Hope that makes sense
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-15-10 06:45 PM
    Drag and drop is the easyiest way to add the songs or videos you want to the phone. the sync really blows.

11-16-10 07:17 AM
    Never used sync, cause as someone posted "sync basically means you want ot keep 2 devices in the same state". Which basically means if you have music on your laptop and you "sync" with your phone it will try to add all the media in the folder on your laptop. \

Leave Dm closed
    Simply plug in the phone to your pc
    Open the SD card via PC
    Drag and drop what I want on my SD card.

I use this method for nearly everything on my BB, exceptions of course are things that have to be installed(COD files).
    11-16-10 07:31 AM
    Thats what im saying papped. I tried to manual copy them to the device, and SOMEHOW, it magically pulls in ALL the names of my other songs on my PC and plops them on there, all gray'ed out.
    Perhaps before plugging in your phone to the pc, just make another folder with the media you want on the phone. Then drag and drop what you want on the device into that folder, then drag and drop onto the phone from that folder. I would think that method would stop the sync issue.
    11-16-10 07:34 AM
    Will try when i get home. Thanks all CB never ceases to amaze me with their answers.
    11-16-10 05:55 PM
    Yes, you should be able to uncheck or disable a setting in DM so that it will not sync music or whatever. Also if DM is trying to sync every time you open it and that's part of your problem.
    11-16-10 06:34 PM
    Ya when you want to just 'drag and drop' then essentially you just plug it in and use it like a jump drive.

Or, you can continue to do what you're doing, and while you are in 'Music' press the BB menu button and select 'Hide Home Music'. That way you can only see what you've got loaded onto the phone.
    11-16-10 06:42 PM
    With your bb plugged in open DM and click the device tab and click device options. On the general tab under where it says sync uncheck media files if you don't want it to try and sync your music.
    11-16-10 06:42 PM
    This really is a silly set up.
    They created sync to easily manage your music ... and they just didn't get it right.

Oh well, perhaps the next release of OS6 will fix this.
    11-16-10 06:54 PM
    Well you can also put music you want to sync in it's own folder and then direct DM to that folder to sync with.
    11-16-10 07:00 PM
    Ya when you want to just 'drag and drop' then essentially you just plug it in and use it like a jump drive.

Or, you can continue to do what you're doing, and while you are in 'Music' press the BB menu button and select 'Hide Home Music'. That way you can only see what you've got loaded onto the phone.
    You JUST saved me.
    If i could +karma you, or something, i would.

Thank you !!!!!
    11-16-10 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD