I noticed a problem and am curious if anyone can relate or have a solution. When I am playing music, it randomly stops playing. It doesn't happen often but often enough to notice. It happens when in my pocket, in my car and when connected through radio via AUX

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 10:15 AM
    Your headphone jack may be defective. If you wiggle the wire around in the jack, does your phone switch between headphone mode and phone mode? If so, the jack is damaged and needs to be replaced or the phone needs to be sent in and repaired. As far as I know the jack is not a seperate entity to the mainboard.
    03-31-11 10:20 AM
    it might be that u are accidentally pressing the mute button when it is in the pocket... that pauses music playback
    03-31-11 09:58 PM
    I play music for 10 hours a day at work nearly every day, and have 0 issues with it stopping. As others have suggested, its quite possible that your hitting the mute key that's on top of the phone(one side is lock the other is mute).
    04-01-11 07:47 AM
    The only reason why I think it's the audio jack is because I've encountered this issue many times with Blackberry's that I've disassembled. If he/she frequently uses the audio jack, it could be worn out and the contacts are bent/dirty.
    04-01-11 11:29 AM
    I think problems with the headphone jack are rare but if someone has that issue, they should ask for a hardware replacement.

The most likely causes are:
    (1) the BB music player comes with an option set to stop playing music after a certain number of minutes. You need to reset that. You'll find it under:
    media/media options/"close media player when inactive" - I have this set to "off".

(2) the mute button on the right side of the top of the device (just over the top right corner from the headset jack) can be very sensitive and can be affected by static from your pocket etc. When I'm playing it, I try to leave it someplace other than my pocket. To play it in my pocket, I always leave inside its case so the mute button doesn't get pressed inadvertently as I move around.

Hope that was helpful.
    04-01-11 01:52 PM
    The option on blackberry is to CLOSE the music app if you pause a song for x amount of minutes, not that it will pause the song if ure playing music

04-01-11 09:00 PM
    Go into Music > select Options > the first option "Close Media Player When Inactive" set to "OFF"

I had the same issue, it would turn off at like 20 minutes and I was confused. This should fix your issue.
    04-02-11 06:58 AM
    Issue was the listed above. I was curious why it happened when at work and not in my car, since that is the only time it can reach the inactive time limit.

04-02-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD