Hey everyone, I have a BB Torch 9800. It's about 18 months old. A few months back I started to notice 2 or sometimes as many as 4 instances of a BBM conversation in the messages view. If I open BBM I only see the one instance though. At the same time, some of the e-mails of other messages there would be blanked out. There would be gaps in the messages as if they were there but invisible. A battery pull does fix this temporarily, but it always seems to happen again. I actually wiped my BB last weekend and started from scratch and it was good for about a week, but it has started to happen again. Has anyone has this issue? Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
    08-23-12 11:54 AM
    They must be twins or quadruplets
    08-23-12 12:17 PM
    Did you happen to restore a backup after you did the reload. It could be something corrupt in your back up files. You may want to try reinstalling BBM as well.
    08-23-12 12:55 PM
    No. I didnt restore. I wiped and started from scratch. The only thing I restored were contacts and memo pad. I may have restored BBM though. Can't remember now.
    08-23-12 06:18 PM
    No. I didnt restore. I wiped and started from scratch. The only thing I restored were contacts and memo pad. I may have restored BBM though. Can't remember now.
    Well process of elimination may get you there. Are you still under warranty? I'd give RIM a call if so.
    08-23-12 06:44 PM
    I am having the same problem with my Torch 9800.
    It is only happening in the unified message box. The individual email boxes do not seem to be affected. I don't use bbm so I cannot confirm about the BBM conversations. I did a battery pull and it seems to fix it for about a day and then the problem resurfaces again. I haven't done a wipe and restore yet. I was hoping there might be a less drastic fix.
    08-24-12 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD