I've had my BB since December and enjoying it immensely. The only problem I have is that missed calls cause things to lock up. I have not loaded any apps and only use a few of the factory installed ones. It seems to normally run fast and seldom shows the "wait" clock icon. There was a problem with my VM and after over an hour on the phone with AT&T it now works. It was some sorta Visual VM settings (#'s) on their end. Hope there is a simple fix for my problem as I am tired of having to yank the battery out.
    05-18-11 12:45 AM
    What version OS are you running ?
    05-18-11 09:05 AM
    Don't laugh. I don't know. How can I check?

Honestly I think this device has more power and features than
    my Ti PowerBook
    05-18-11 10:12 AM
    Easiest way to check is press ALT + SHIFT + H from the home screen... The OS version will be called 'app version' and will look like 6.0.0.xxx.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 10:19 AM
    Cool

Platform: 6.4.0.105

App Version: 6.0.0.246 (695)

File Free: 289314396 Bytes
    05-18-11 10:35 AM
    Not a guarenteed fix, but sounds like your issue is software related, you should consider upgrading the OS... .246 is one of the "stock" OS's.. Chances are your carrier has upgraded to .448, or maybe .534... I would give is a shot and see what happens...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 04:38 PM
    Willing to try. How is an OS upgrade done and generally is there a possibility
    of loosing saved stuff or features?
    05-19-11 02:25 PM
    Still in need or a solution if someone can help.
    06-05-11 12:43 PM
    There are lots of instructions on upgrading the OS out there, but the general method for official releases is connecting the phone to your computer, running the Blackberry Desktop, and updating through there. Just in case I would use it to do a backup first, but I think it also does that during the update process. You will probably lose a few setting here and there, but if everything goes well you should still have all of your data and most of the settings.
    06-05-11 12:56 PM
    I see from another thread you posted in that you are a Mac user.

Most of the issues with reloading the OS on a BlackBerry are solved easier using Windows. Are you able to borrow a PC? Bootcamp only works on Intel-based Macs. I did a bit of searching and found that even in a virtual environment, it will be pretty much impossible to run Windows on a Mac that is not Intel-based.

Desktop Manager for Mac requires Leopard (Mac OS X v10.5.7) or higher. In order to run Leopard on your G4, you will need minimum clock rate of 867 MHz, and at least 512 MB of RAM to be installed.
    Last edited by lak611; 06-05-11 at 01:40 PM.
    06-05-11 01:06 PM
    My 867 MHz TiBook is borderline for a lot of modern apps I have found, even maxed out at 1GB RAM. PC based laptop in house just went belly up . I really use the phone for Slacker and make far more calls than I receive. Do need to get problem straightened out though. Pulling battery is probably not good for maintaining solid internal contacts and those on cover panel. Will report back here when Windows machine is available.

Had planned on a new Book for school this summer, but may just spend 1/2 as much and get a decent Intel or AMD machine.
    06-05-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD