I would like to be able to access my work email ([email protected] on microsoft outlook web access) which I can access from home without any trouble but I can't get it set up on my BB. Any troubleshooting suggestions?
    01-04-11 08:43 PM
    By getting it set up do you mean actually adding it to your email accounts? If you do you have to have your IT department set it up. As far as web access, I have been able to access the site on browser just fine. I still haven't gotten around to getting it set up on my Blackberry though.
    ladybugq likes this.
    01-04-11 08:45 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/sett...ss-bis-208151/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 11:57 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/sett...ss-bis-208151/

You no longer need to use the BIS site from your Torch. I was able to set mine up without the BIS site. However, to OP, setting up your Torch using BIS instead of BES will not render your email folders. If you use BIS you will basically only see your inbox, not your folders. Using BES it is fully integrated with your work email and you will see your email and folders just as you would on your PC (basically).
    01-05-11 08:35 AM
    However, to OP, setting up your Torch using BIS instead of BES will not render your email folders. If you use BIS you will basically only see your inbox, not your folders. Using BES it is fully integrated with your work email and you will see your email and folders just as you would on your PC (basically).
    Of course, if the OP's work doesn't run BES on their Exchange server to begin with, then none of that matters anyway. Also, depending on where the OP is and on what carrier, having a BES plan is more expensive. On AT&T, BIS doesn't add to the data plan cost at all. But having a BES plan adds $15 a month to the data plan.

We had BES at the office I work at, but when the partners started using iPhones, they dumped BES because it was too costly to maintain.

I've tried to mention BES Express for the three of us (out of 25 in the firm) that still use BBs, and the one partner who wishes he could go back to BB. But I keep getting the deaf ear... "We won't do that...". I just don't have the influence.

01-05-11 09:36 AM
    Thank you DD1968 and KahneFan.
    KahneFan is right, you can do all this through the Torch and don't have to bother going to the BIS site at all. It all pretty much involves the steps that DD1968 posted a link to so credit goes to both of you for helping me set up my work email on my phone without the help of the IT department.
    You no longer need to use the BIS site from your Torch. I was able to set mine up without the BIS site. However, to OP, setting up your Torch using BIS instead of BES will not render your email folders. If you use BIS you will basically only see your inbox, not your folders. Using BES it is fully integrated with your work email and you will see your email and folders just as you would on your PC (basically).
    01-05-11 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD