My first two were from Canada and the one I have now is from Mexico.

Both Canada models had the over lay on the bottom 4 keys raised higher than the screen. Both of those had the over lay start to peel off.

The one from Mexico has the over lay slightly lower than the screen and it hasn't thought about peeling up yet.
    08-28-10 08:33 PM
    I want to see the button underneath. Hoping someone releases a full dis-assembly video so I can get a good look.
    08-28-10 09:07 PM
    So you're saying the Mexico builds seem to be better?
    08-28-10 09:35 PM
    So you're saying the Mexico builds seem to be better?
    Yes! I love this phone now. Just needs video out.
    08-28-10 09:36 PM
    lol.. Well I'm glad to hear you're loving it! I guess it's a bit different because I was always under the impression the Canada builds were better.
    08-28-10 10:01 PM
    Yes! I love this phone now. Just needs video out.
    This might be a stupid question.....but how can you tell where it's made?

Does it say 'Made in Canada'? or 'Made in Mexico'?
    08-28-10 11:13 PM
    This might be a stupid question.....but how can you tell where it's made?

Does it say 'Made in Canada'? or 'Made in Mexico'?
    Yes, right on the box.
    08-28-10 11:20 PM
    For the Canadian built did you ever get a replacement for the peel off?
    08-28-10 11:30 PM
    I just replaced my Torch that I got on day 2 and I wish I had looked at where it was made. Overall it seemed pretty solid but the overlay was starting to lift at the screen. When I would push the green call button it would lift a good 2 mm higher than the screen and in low light it was easy to see how it was separating. It was also starting to stick and make the plastic crackle sound when you moved your finger over it as others have mentioned.

The new phone is from Mexico and I haven’t had much time to use it yet but one thing struck me as very odd when I got it. I also have an Otter Box case that I purchased with my first Torch and they were going to exchange it as well since the top cover was very loose (the slightest bump on the cover and it would pop off and it would move a bit from side to side). Before replacing it I decided to put it on the new Torch and it clicked into place and is now a nice snug fit. The top screen of my previous Torch was slightly smaller than the new one. The difference wasn’t big enough to see but we moved the Otter Box cover back and forth a few times and there was a major difference in how it fit the two phones.

The new one still has the issue with the virtual keyboard typing the wrong letter but I'm convinced that's software.
    08-29-10 12:23 AM
    check this thread for other issues:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/po...78/index4.html

i don't see a lot of Torches made in Canada..
    either that or those who have it are too happy to search the net for issues..
    and there's one more country.. Hungary.. it seems it's problem free as well..
    08-29-10 08:33 AM
    This is a good read as I'm looking to get the Tourch soon. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 01:04 PM
    For the Canadian built did you ever get a replacement for the peel off?
    Yes, both Canada models were exchanged. The store here had nothing but Canada phones so I waited a week for a new shipment to come in.

The first thing I did was press down the over lay when I opened it to make sure. That probably didn't do nothing, but I did it anyway.

Weird though, just tonight I was noticing how the overlay is still below the screen and doesn't lift at all. I would think that the overlay has the tape already on it from the mfg and blackberry building plants would use the same ones. May this tape is thinner.
    08-29-10 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD