I just bought a Torch, my first blackberry after coming over from an iphone btw, and i set up all my alerts to be what i want, but for some reason i get no alert when i get a new email from my gmail acct. It shows in the notification screen, but no sound or vibrate or led or anything and i have it set up the same but different tone for text. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Scott
    09-06-10 08:07 PM
    What profile is active? Did you modify a default profile or create a custom profile? I suggest creating a custom profile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 08:21 PM
    yah, i had modified just the normal profile, and its active
    09-06-10 08:26 PM
    i made a new profile, and nothing, still the same thing
    09-06-10 08:41 PM
    And you selected the gmail account under messages then selected a tone, set it to play always, volume of like 8 with no vibration?

09-06-10 10:30 PM
    Yah, i did that, still nothing, ive tried to make a new profile, only time i know that i get new emails is when i turn on the screen or open it to slider
    09-06-10 10:46 PM
    What tone did you try?

09-06-10 11:49 PM
    I used light speed and switched it as well, but the led and the vibrate function don't work either when I get new emails

09-06-10 11:56 PM
    Alright, I figured it out....I deleted my email profile and remade it and it have me new options that it never gave me before, and actually singled out the email under sound profiles. Thanks for the help

09-07-10 01:03 PM
    Ok, what email profile?

09-07-10 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD