Ok, first off, I am using Windows 7 and trying to sync with iTunes storing music on another computer.

Both iTunes and Windows Media Player have no issue at all seeing and playing the music from one computer to another.
    However, when I try to sync, BB DT v6 tells me that there are no music files available for syncing.

Thoughts?
    Is it the fact that I have nothing locally?
    Is there anything I can change so that it recognizes where they are?

I set up wireless sync and that pulled the titles from the playlists I had set up, but none of the actual music itself.
    11-01-10 02:05 PM
    The wireless synch only pulls the titles. It will pull the song only when you highlight and select it from the list afterwards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 02:11 PM
    The wireless synch only pulls the titles. It will pull the song only when you highlight and select it from the list afterwards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the response.
    I will check that out tonight when I get home.

If that works, then I will only have the struggle with getting musicn on the 9300.
    11-01-10 02:21 PM
    No luck.

The phone says "cannot be found".
    It pulls the song titles and info, can see what is inside the playlists, but it can not download the song files themselves.
    11-02-10 11:39 AM
    All i can tell you is that when i tried it, I got it to work with itunes but not with media player. You must choose which you are using in the desktop software. In the end i just turned it off because honestly, its totally useless. If I am at home anyways I can just plug the phone in and transfer the music.
    11-02-10 01:12 PM
    Ok, first off, I am using Windows 7 and trying to sync with iTunes storing music on another computer.

Both iTunes and Windows Media Player have no issue at all seeing and playing the music from one computer to another.
    However, when I try to sync, BB DT v6 tells me that there are no music files available for syncing.

Thoughts?
    Is it the fact that I have nothing locally?
    Is there anything I can change so that it recognizes where they are?

I set up wireless sync and that pulled the titles from the playlists I had set up, but none of the actual music itself.
    If DM 6 is not on the same computer as iTunes, which is what it sounds like, it's not going to happen. Why don't you just put DM 6 on the same computer as iTunes and sync on that computer?
    11-02-10 02:25 PM
    If DM 6 is not on the same computer as iTunes, which is what it sounds like, it's not going to happen. Why don't you just put DM 6 on the same computer as iTunes and sync on that computer?
    OK, DM 6 does not like networked music (even though Windows 7, iTunes, and Media Player have no issue.
    I transferred some music to my "local" hdd and everything was fine, worked like a charm.
    I think I may try dragging and dropping from iTunes (using the networked music) to see if that will work (directly to the media card).

And the reason I don't have DM on the computer with the music is that it is in the basement and my primary computer is my Lenovo ThinkPad.
    I was hoping that having everything upgraded to Windows 7 was going to be great (it is, just not with the BB ).
    11-03-10 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD