Okay so for the life of me I cannot figure this one out. Hopefully it's not here somewhere and I missed it, but I've done and endless amount of searching looking for a solution.

here is my problem: I have a 16GB SD card that has worked for at least 4 years in numerous different Blackberrys.

Last week I enter my music app on my BB Torch 9800 and found that there were zero files listed. I checked my storage setting to make sure the SD Card support was turned on. I did a hard reset, with no change.

I then wiped my device and started from scratch with no luck. Used my wife's 16GB card and after going to the music app again I found that all her songs populated without an issue. I then took MY 16GB card and inserted it in my Wife"s BB and everything worked on her phone without issue.

I can access both the SD card and Internal storage just fine from an app. For example: I use an app called MOI (My Own Icons) on my BB to change some system and third-party app icons to suit the theme I use. From there I can browse the files in both my internal and SD card storage without issue. When I use the File Explorer app I am able to go to my Music on the SD card and play songs one by one, but nothing ever populates in MUSIC or VIDEO lists for my BB.

So...I believe the issue has to be with my phone.

Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem or maybe has some advice for me. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    09-24-12 03:58 PM
    I don't have the solution but wanted to say it's just not you.

-bought a new 32gb sd card
    -inserted it, went to settings and formatted it
    -turn on the USB option
    -went to windows explorer and moved 6 gigs of mp3(530 songs) over to the sd card
    -saw that all files were moved over and unplugged
    -went out for errands and started to play the music and only saw that 31 songs were there.
    -returned back home and checked on windows explorer, could only see 31 songs
    -checked the properties of the drive and it says that 6 gigs is being used.

This is the 3rd thread on the internet I have seen of this issue. So either we all have bad SD cards which I think you have proven it isn't the case, or the Z10 has another serious bug. This needs to be fixed urgently as I and many others I suspect won't be using the sd card as a backup area now because of this bug.
    03-09-13 12:07 PM
    Put in an old 4gb card and all seems good so far. So either my new SD card is defective or it's not liking the 32gb card size.
    Last edited by Young Z; 03-10-13 at 03:35 AM.
    03-09-13 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD