I'm trying to explore my media card that came with the phone, but whenever I go to media>picture>blackberry menu there's no option to explore. I reformatted the media card, took it out few times, battery pull ..but no luck
    If somebody can help me thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 05:10 AM
    I'm new to this, but if you reformatted the card---did it wipe the card of contents? Or did you replace the media and still can't see it? If you replaced it , see if it shows up in: (on your computer-mass storage) My computer---->Blackberry---> root around till you find a folder that resembles what your looking for.
    If you cAn't find it thru the BB desktop, I'm struggling withthat myellf

10-17-10 05:58 AM
    go to:

Media > BB button > explore

Thats where youll find the explore option not under pictures
    10-17-10 06:32 AM
    Haha oops silly me thanks!

10-17-10 09:20 AM
    homer1475!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been looking for DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

you're a saint.
    I love you.
    ;-)

Rebecca
    10-26-10 08:07 PM
    homer1475!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been looking for DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

you're a saint.
    I love you.
    ;-)

Rebecca
    No problem. I've been helped a bunch from these forums, and it's just nice to give back once in a while.

A lot of the old OS functions are around. You just have to search for them, most are just in different locations.
    10-26-10 08:27 PM
    Can also just go to the Files app in Applications.
    10-26-10 08:29 PM
    but here's my BIGGEST beef with the new Torch setup...
    either way you access the media card it is nowhere NEAR as user friendly as it was on the Curve. Import pictures to my library so I can view them?? As opposed to just pointing to a folder location? or even worse... once I have imported these folders they then magically turn into headers.... so I have to scroll through MILES of pictures to get to what I want (often going by pics that I'd rather NOT have that person who's looking over my shoulder see!!). I like having subfolders, I'm a big organizational freak. This set up is the worst and had I known I would never have gotten the Torch. It's a bloody nuisance just changing my profile pic on BBM.... or saving the pic to my media card.. bu then having to import it to my library just to view. it's ridiculous.
    10-26-10 08:35 PM
    Can also just go to the Files app in Applications.
    +1
    Didn't know that even existed. Still trying to get used to OS6
    10-26-10 08:36 PM
    Ok is there a Pre-101 course I need to sign up for, I buy myself & my girlfriend our first Blkberry`s (mine Torch & She wanted a flip phone , Style) & put a 16 Gb card in them both Plug mine in the computer & it put all the video on the device memory as well as Doubled my photo`s in two seperate folder`s 900 photos then under that the same 900 photo`s again I`ve been reading & reading till I feel stupid. The anxiety attacts are coming closer together now I need to go to bed NOW before I go buy a pack of smokes....UUhhhhG!!!!!
    01-06-11 11:04 PM
    Ok is there a Pre-101 course I need to sign up for, I buy myself & my girlfriend our first Blkberry`s (mine Torch & She wanted a flip phone , Style) & put a 16 Gb card in them both Plug mine in the computer & it put all the video on the device memory as well as Doubled my photo`s in two seperate folder`s 900 photos then under that the same 900 photo`s again I`ve been reading & reading till I feel stupid. The anxiety attacts are coming closer together now I need to go to bed NOW before I go buy a pack of smokes....UUhhhhG!!!!!
    Not quite sure what the problem is here, other then it doubled your pictures. Simple enough to fix, just plug it into your pc and explore the internal memory. Control + A(copy all) then delete.
    Danimaloxo7 likes this.
    01-07-11 06:39 AM
    Not quite sure what the problem is here, other then it doubled your pictures. Simple enough to fix, just plug it into your pc and explore the internal memory. Control + A(copy all) then delete.
    We have to remember a lot of people know nothing about computers/phone OS other then how to run the programs they run all the time. They don't know or have never been shown how to do other things other then use word etc.
    01-07-11 07:32 AM
    We have to remember a lot of people know nothing about computers/phone OS other then how to run the programs they run all the time. They don't know or have never been shown how to do other things other then use word etc.
    Exactly why i spelled out what needed to be done not just post... Plug into your pc and take care of it. I just didn't quite see what the problem was other then duplicating pictures.
    01-07-11 07:37 AM
    Yeah, I'm not sure either. Maybe it happens all the time? Proably something to do with syncing but who knows. I also don't have OS 6 and not sure what libraries they are talking about.
    01-07-11 07:43 AM
    I'm happy I think to have discovered a problem with my usb cord I switched cords with my girl friends style & that was the first time I
    Saw the option to use my memory card & the first time 16 GB of memory showed up for use. I thank everyone for there efforts to help the Newby Once again. When I read other posts where there problem
    Didn't make sense I have to wonder if the conection issue is common?

01-07-11 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD