My media card deleted itself, I have no pictures, videos or music left on it. I do have a memory card and can't understand why it happened. It is inserted correctly and now I can't take a picture as its saying there is no file found to save it to. Can anyone please help?? Will be much appreciated
    09-04-11 12:29 PM
    Are you able to see the contents of the microSD card if you use your PC card reader?
    09-04-11 12:33 PM
    This happened to me not so long back, I only discovered it when I found I couldn't recieve pictures via BBM, because the device considered the card broken so wouldn't save them. By going into the storage options I repaired the card successfully however this also formatted it, meaning I lost everything on it. If you've used the Desktop Software to back up your device you should be able to repair the card in the device (Options>Device>Storage>BBKey>Repair) and then restore it's contents that way, which is what I did. It hasn't happened a second time to me... yet. If you do choose to try this you might want to do what lak611 suggests and check to see if your PC can access the contents, at least that way if it can, you can copy them before formatting the card.
    09-04-11 03:38 PM
    I had the same thing happen a while ago, and unfortunately lost everything on the card (that wasn't backed up at least, so only a couple pics). I have no idea why it happened, but it seemed related to OS updates.

I even tried SD card recovery tools for PC and linux, and nothing... so, no clue... sorry.
    09-05-11 11:44 PM
    stop using it.
    go to google and download this app for windows
    "recuva"
    it recover all data on your card.
    if your computer says "this card needs to be formated"
    format it fat32
    and then use recuva.
    used ir and covered 1200 pictures from my sisters card.
    09-06-11 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD