I am having a slight issue with the media playback on the Torch. When I start listening to music the keys on the right side are to switch songs instead of volume. If you keep hitting the keys it will eventually switch from changing the song to the volume control, which I prefer when it comes to listening to media on the torch. Is this just how it is and I cannot fix it? I have looked through all the options and the only thing that is avaliable is changing the convience key which I have set to the camera by default. Anyone else have this problem? If you cannot fix it, how do you go about changing the volume of what is playing really quick?
    12-09-10 09:05 AM
    Short tap of the volume keys changes volume. Press and hold for any amount of time and it will be next/previous song.
    12-09-10 09:08 AM
    Short tap of the volume keys changes volume. Press and hold for any amount of time and it will be next/previous song.
    totally correct, although i must admit my torch seems to maybe be a bit too sensitive between a click and a hold, all my other devices seem to have a longer hold to fwd/bck, but im sure thats fixable with an os update if they feel it needs sorting
    12-09-10 09:12 AM
    Oh okay, hmmm, I think I may have to agree that my torch seems a little sensative to the push and hold. But thanks! I now know what I am doing wrong.
    12-09-10 09:28 AM
    Yeah I was careful with my words and said "if you hold it for any amount of time". There's not any middle ground.

I find that when I change the volume I have no problem tapping it and not holding but I think new users who don't understand this often press and hold to change the volume thinking it will just keep increasing/decreasing it. You just have to tap tap tap tap in order to do big volume changes - it's worth it to have the added functionality of being able to skip forward/backward through songs very easily.
    12-09-10 09:31 AM
    it's worth it to have the added functionality of being able to skip forward/backward through songs very easily.
    totally agree, also hope its in the playbook too

a nice media player tip for OS6 that iv found, when music is playing and your flicking through the coverflo art for the songs, its very easy to lose where you are / hard to find where you were, easiest way is just tap on the x of x bar in the top center and it`ll return you to the currently playing track
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-09-10 10:09 AM
    totally agree, also hope its in the playbook too

a nice media player tip for OS6 that iv found, when music is playing and your flicking through the coverflo art for the songs, its very easy to lose where you are / hard to find where you were, easiest way is just tap on the x of x bar in the top center and it`ll return you to the currently playing track
    Good tip! Thanks.
    12-09-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD