If you call *639# it'll send you an eligibility text with your upgrade date
    I tried this but it just sent me iphone upgrade info, I don't want an iphone.
    04-11-11 06:20 PM
    Really? I wasn't aware of this. Tough one. I don't have the unlimited but if I did it would be something to consider. Even if you do it through like walmart or so?
    My personal experience is upgrading through the mobile store at the local Wal-Mart. With them, you get to KEEP your unlimited data plan, just like buying at an AT&T store. In fact, last year I tried to give my son my upgrade and they were willing to do it for me but when it came down to switching lines and such, they were the ones to inform me if I did it that way I would lose out on being grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan. Needless to say, my son waited for his upgrade for a month or so until one of my other lines was eligible. When I did upgrade to a Bold,I did it through Wal-Mart and still have my unlimited data plan.
    04-12-11 12:44 AM
    The only correct answer is "It Depends". It depends on whether or not you are on a "consumer" plan or if your phone was purchased under a business program, whether you've been a customer since they were Cellular One, Cingular or AT&T, your rate plan, and the time of the month.

AT&T is like everyone else, they make it as confusing as possible. The only way to know for sure is to call them five times and then average out the answers.
    The way I understand it is if you are the primary user on a business program, as I am, then your upgrades come up once a year. My other lines upgrade (I believe) every two years.
    04-12-11 12:46 AM
    Just got back from getting my new Torch and can answer a couple of questions. I am the primary on my family talk plan and as such I am entitled to an upgrade every 12 months, the other three are all on a 20 month plan. This is a company store in central CA, if that makes any difference, also I have been with AT&T ,cellular one, cingular and back to AT&T..Really don't think that matters as much as who is the "Primary" on the plan..
    04-12-11 04:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD