The camera simply does not work a lot of the time. It fails to initialize the viewfinder and I am left with a blank screen. If it eventually initializes the viewfinder and I try to take a picture it gives a delayed 'click' but no picture is actually taken or stored. I have tried closing all other apps and also used Memory Up Pro and done hard resets and nothing seems to work.

On other occasions it works perfectly.

I updated the OS to the leaked 6.0.0.161 and am still experiencing the same problem.

Is this likely to be a hardware problem?

Thank you
    09-02-10 07:55 AM
    So, it did the same thing with .141? Take it back and show the rep what it's doing. And get a replacement.
    09-02-10 08:01 AM
    So, it did the same thing with .141? Take it back and show the rep what it's doing. And get a replacement.
    Problem is that I am in South Africa! Does nobody have any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 04:59 PM
    I'm afraid I don't, but how did ya get the phone in the first place?
    09-02-10 05:16 PM
    I had this happen today... battery pull fixed it.. but i miss a spectacular pic...
    09-02-10 05:58 PM
    this happen to one of the torch's i bought...we had to take that one back to at&t and get it replaced...that was the only solution even support had...mine wouldn't even initialize though...it would remain blank...seems like a hardware issue
    09-03-10 12:09 AM
    Problem is that I am in South Africa! Does nobody have any ideas?

did you found any way to solve it?
    sometimes i have the same problem ,but i have a temporary solution.
    you can try accessing the video cam first and then change it to camera mode. its a little inconvenient but thats the only way that i know.
    so everytime you want to use the camera, you have to go to video cam first and access the camera from there.
    hope this'll help.

09-21-10 12:21 AM
    You can always try updating to the newer leaked .246 OS. If that doesn't fix it you can probably eliminate all the doubts you already have about it being a hardware problem. I hope you figure that out. Where did you get your Torch anyhow?
    09-21-10 02:43 AM
    I did upgrade to .246 but the camera lag problem still exist. Maybe its a hardware issue but I never got any problem if I start the video cam.
    The camera is giving me a blank screen sometimes but after I leave it for a while, the camera works.
    What do you think? @_@

Last edited by irric; 09-21-10 at 09:53 AM.
    09-21-10 03:56 AM
    What ever happened after replacing your phone? Was it an app prblm after all! How can you guys justify your type of behaviour pathetic
    11-22-10 10:52 PM
    btw same prblm with camera however i will post the aftermath. btw I only have social feeds/facebook/bbmsng/and weatherbug installed but mine was acting up since the bgegining/ my shortcut key flashes yhe bulb without image capture/ HELP PLZ
    Last edited by doubledecker; 11-22-10 at 11:00 PM.
    11-22-10 10:57 PM
    I had the same problem earlier. .337 solved my problem... Maybe, you'd like to update your OS???
    11-23-10 02:26 AM
    I had the same problem earlier. .337 solved my problem... Maybe, you'd like to update your OS???
    I am having the same problem on.337
    12-09-10 08:23 AM
    saw that problem too today
    12-09-10 07:33 PM
    I get this at times on .337 as well. Really frustrating at times since I rely on it for work, and don't really have 5 minutes to wait for a battery pull. Like others have said, it's an intermittent problem. It sure seems like a software issue, so I'm skeptical that a phone swap would take care of it. I gotta think this will be addressed in future OS versions; I just hope it doesn't linger like the text mssg bug.
    12-09-10 08:24 PM
    The camera simply does not work a lot of the time. It fails to initialize the viewfinder and I am left with a blank screen. If it eventually initializes the viewfinder and I try to take a picture it gives a delayed 'click' but no picture is actually taken or stored. I have tried closing all other apps and also used Memory Up Pro and done hard resets and nothing seems to work.

On other occasions it works perfectly.

I updated the OS to the leaked 6.0.0.161 and am still experiencing the same problem.

Is this likely to be a hardware problem?

Thank you
    I had this same problem arise when I saved the pictures to the internal memory. If I save the pictures to my memory card, the camera works fine. Did you get it fixed?
    12-15-10 12:42 AM
    Hi,

I had the same problem and after some research I noticed that one applictation: "6Tools" caused the problem. At first it worked verry well but after some time I noticed it gave problems so battery pull was a temporary solution so deleting was de only option for me.

Now my camera works how it supposed to work.
    I have mailed them about the problem and they will look at it.

So if you have installed 6tools delete it and wait for an upgrade.

I hope it helps

12-15-10 02:23 AM
    I was never having any issue until the other day the phone reset itself after using the camera. It has never happened since but it def brought back some bad memories of the storm 1 for me lol

12-15-10 08:58 AM
    Ive had six tool's since it was a beta program and have no issues with my camera. I doubt it was six tool's that was causing your camera problem, but you never know with these torch's. What effects one person doesn't affect another, odd devices.

I would like to know what you did to deduce it was six tool's causing the issue? Just because you uninstalled it and it worked right after that?

Just curious.....
    12-15-10 09:17 AM
    Ive had six tool's since it was a beta program and have no issues with my camera. I doubt it was six tool's that was causing your camera problem, but you never know with these torch's. What effects one person doesn't affect another, odd devices.

I would like to know what you did to deduce it was six tool's causing the issue? Just because you uninstalled it and it worked right after that?

Just curious.....
    Yes I had sixtools for a week and ever since I had isues with my camera.. After unistall the application my problems where gone..

So today I installed sixtools once again and i have after an hour the same problems.. I download the latest sixtools version (mobihand) and my OS 377.

Don't get me wrong it's a great tool but I hate that it doesn't work good on my Torch.

12-15-10 12:05 PM
    Could the problems be coming from a restore of some corrupted file?
    12-15-10 12:10 PM
    Not sure if this is the same issue, but I also have a camera problem. Sometimes I go to take a picture, and it runs autofocus and lights like it's trying to take a pic, but none is taken. Then if I try to scroll across the items at the bottom of the screen (flash, scene options, etc) I can't get the blue highlight back on the camera icon, just won't go there. Have tried going to video and back, the only thing that seems to take care of it is a reboot. It doesn't always happen, usually seems to when I have used the camera recently, then go to use it again within a few hours.

After reading through this thread, I am deleting 6tools to see if that takes care of my issue like an earlier poster.

Will try a few other things and post back when I know more.
    12-18-10 03:51 PM
    Not sure if this is the same issue, but I also have a camera problem. Sometimes I go to take a picture, and it runs autofocus and lights like it's trying to take a pic, but none is taken. Then if I try to scroll across the items at the bottom of the screen (flash, scene options, etc) I can't get the blue highlight back on the camera icon, just won't go there. Have tried going to video and back, the only thing that seems to take care of it is a reboot. It doesn't always happen, usually seems to when I have used the camera recently, then go to use it again within a few hours.

After reading through this thread, I am deleting 6tools to see if that takes care of my issue like an earlier poster.

Will try a few other things and post back when I know more.
    This was exactly the same issue I had with my Camera..

Please let me know if it solve the camera problem after deleting 6tools....

12-18-10 05:07 PM
    Yah, my camera is messed up. I never know if it is going to work or not. When I need it, it can take 10 minutes to get it going. I reinstalled the OS and that did not fix it. Rogers is sending me out a new Torch.

I know it is a crappy camera, but having it not work is unacceptable. I don't like wasting 10 minutes to get it going when I want to send a picture to Facebook or Twitter.

My camera takes minutes to initialize. When I take a picture, the light flashes and then about 30 seconds later, I hear the click and the picture freezes.

Why doesn't RIM upgrade the damn OS!!
    12-18-10 06:46 PM
    To those having camera problems, what settings are you using for your auto focus? My camera was somewhat laggy if auto focus was set to "continous" as it was hunting for focus. Setting it to single shot fixed my camera issues.

Just a thought.

12-18-10 06:58 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD