i got the torch the day it came out, extended my contract and all. not regretting it, but the only problem i see is that the top 'lock' and 'mute' keys seem to be extra sensitive/accessible, i dont use a case or a belt pouch, i keep it in my pocket, and this was worked from me! but with the torch it seems anything unlocks it! or if im playing music it keeps getting muted!
    MY QUESTION: is there any way to disable the 'mute' key? i like the dedicated 'lock' button, but i dont think it should unlock it as well! i liked the old * + talk to unlock.. anyone got any advice? it would be much appreciated!
    08-16-10 08:49 PM
    I think you may be out of luck. The only solution I could think of would be an application that could disable it...but apps can't be written to do such things, at least AFAIK.

Hopefully I'm wrong and there's a solution.
    08-16-10 08:51 PM
    I downloaded the PATTERNLITE app which locks the phone until you enter the pattern you setup. This helped with accidental bumps of those two quick keys for me.
    08-25-10 11:21 AM
    @Swensdogg Thank you! It was driving me crazy that I could not lock my device unless I set it to lock automatically. I guess I could use my Convenience Key but I use that for my Capture It.
    08-25-10 11:27 AM
    The only thing I didn't like on the my new Torch was how easy it unlocked in my pocket.

I'm running Pattern Lock and problem solved.
    08-25-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD