is there any tips or tricks to keep the torch from lagging so much??? i have alot of memory left over and have 6 themes, any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance!
    01-04-11 07:05 AM
    Sometimes your themes can cause a problem. My Torch does not lag; its quick and responsive. Back up your device, then remove all your non-att themes. Then try your phone to see if that improves the performance. Then add the themes one by one, checking toi see what effect the theme has on the Torch's performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 08:41 AM
    what os are you using? the 337 one ?
    01-04-11 08:55 AM
    The torch does not lag at all on .337. if your seeing the spinning clock a lot I would look to see what apps you have running in the background. I have over 15 themes installed on my device and I never seen the spinning clock other then on a couple themes after I switch to them.

I know it sounds stupid but have you done a battery pull after switching themes? This often causes the lag in themes if not done.
    01-04-11 08:59 AM
    Go into storage and repair the media card and built in media... I even went as far as formatting the card and device when I had this problem. Havent had that issue for a while..
    01-04-11 09:11 AM
    Its most likely to having so many themes saved I usually keep about 2 to 3 themes at most to prevent this. I had the issue on my previous BB and found if I kept alot of themes installed it slows down and causes the phone to lag
    01-04-11 09:29 AM
    what os are you using? the 337 one ?
    im not sure what os im using, how do i check???
    01-04-11 10:01 AM
    Go into storage and repair the media card and built in media... I even went as far as formatting the card and device when I had this problem. Havent had that issue for a while..
    will that erase all my media????
    01-04-11 10:01 AM
    Its most likely to having so many themes saved I usually keep about 2 to 3 themes at most to prevent this. I had the issue on my previous BB and found if I kept alot of themes installed it slows down and causes the phone to lag
    how do i only use/store a few themes on my device without losing the rest of them?? sorry im still new
    01-04-11 10:03 AM
    Sometimes your themes can cause a problem. My Torch does not lag; its quick and responsive. Back up your device, then remove all your non-att themes. Then try your phone to see if that improves the performance. Then add the themes one by one, checking toi see what effect the theme has on the Torch's performance.

how would i go about this without losing my themes???? noob here
    01-04-11 10:04 AM
    how do i only use/store a few themes on my device without losing the rest of them?? sorry im still new
    Best bet is to save them on your pc. Use a program called bbsak(have a look in the third party app section for a download link). that will backup all your third party apps on your phone to your pc. Then just reinstall(using bbsak to load the .cod files back to your device) the themes that your going to use the most. Since their backed up on your pc there is no fear of deleting them from the device.
    01-04-11 10:05 AM
    Back the whole thing up to a PC, then start with some of these fiddling ideas.

I think, with out knowing, that checking if the OS is on the most recent up date, for your service, and pulling the battery are likely to solve most of the lag issue. I occassionally get some lag after the OS has an update, or i load something from the PC. A battery pull has always fixed it for me.

Good luck!
    01-04-11 10:06 AM
    Best bet is to save them on your pc. Use a program called bbsak(have a look in the third party app section for a download link). that will backup all your third party apps on your phone to your pc. Then just reinstall(using bbsak to load the .cod files back to your device) the themes that your going to use the most. Since their backed up on your pc there is no fear of deleting them from the device.
    ok thanks i will go ahead and try that, is that app on here????
    01-04-11 10:07 AM
    ok thanks i will go ahead and try that, is that app on here????
    Here's a direct link to download as well as bbsak's forums. It really is a tool that is a necessity for any BB.

Blackberry-swiss-army-knife
    01-04-11 10:10 AM
    formatting yes it will.. try the repair option, that wont delete anything... back up your device then try the formatting thing if your able to.. and try to minimize anything being saved to the device... I have everything like music, pics and any files on my media card and keep the device max memory as possible..
    01-04-11 01:30 PM
    since you are very new to BB, i believe you dont close apps properly and leave them running in the background..

just hold your BB icon button for about 2 seconds and see how many apps are actually running
    01-04-11 08:39 PM
    since you are very new to BB, i believe you dont close apps properly and leave them running in the background..

just hold your BB icon button for about 2 seconds and see how many apps are actually running
    I did just that and it shows only 2 facebook app and photobucket

01-04-11 10:09 PM
    im not sure what os im using, how do i check???
    To check your OS version go to:

Options > Device > About Device Versions

Should be the third line and begins with 6.0.0.xxx
    01-04-11 10:14 PM
    To check your OS version go to:

Options > Device > About Device Versions

Should be the third line and begins with 6.0.0.xxx
    Oh ok thanks, my OS says 6.0.0.246

01-04-11 10:36 PM
    I would make sure photobucket is closed after you are done with it. I know its caused me lags before, now I don't even use it as its just too much of a nuisance having to close it everytime for me
    01-04-11 10:38 PM
    I would make sure photobucket is closed after you are done with it. I know its caused me lags before, now I don't even use it as its just too much of a nuisance having to close it everytime for me
    THANK YOU it seems to work fine now i just took the app of my phone! thanks!
    01-04-11 11:38 PM
    No worries we're all here to help. Have a good night
    01-04-11 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD