I used to love my various Blackberry phones. They did all I needed perfectly when they actually were working. Now with my 9800 the speaker stopped working twice, still during the warranty period of 1 year. Now again, just 3 weeks past the one year warranty period the speaker is dead again.
    My previous 2 blackberries also had major problems right after the 1 year warranty ran out. I am getting upset with the quality of those phones and am seriously looking for another brand that is more reliable.
    I think phones should at least last the duration of the contract time.

Is it just me or do all Blackberries have a durability problem?

By the way my Playbook had a defective left speaker a week after I bought it.

A frustrated BB owner
    07-17-12 05:34 PM
    On my first bb 9900 since it came out and on my first playbook I got on launch date no problems.
    heppyX likes this.
    07-17-12 05:55 PM
    I've had a 9800 for a year and a half with no real issues. It's unlocked and on T-Mobile now for nearly 6 months.

I have a 64gb Playbook since Jan that's been very solid (you can see my posts in the PB forum).

I also have a 9000 and an 8800. Neither is currently active but both work fine. They do show a few scars from all the travel I've done with them. Of them all, my 9000 is the best phone.
    07-17-12 08:35 PM
    I had a few Blackberry phones over the years and I have never experienced such problems with the speakers.. maybe it's the way you are using your phones? dust? water? sand?
    07-28-12 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD