whenever i got a text the more then a sentance long my phone is recieveing it is as two seprate texts rather then just one. does anyone know how to slove this problem. im running .448
    05-22-11 06:57 AM
    I haven't seen this happen on my Torch, or on my previous 8310, I get Text messages with paragraphs. I sell SMS short code services and we even put URLs in the SMS with several sentences when we send the response to the short code text. You don't say what carrier you are on; if it's AT&T maybe upgrading to the newer OS will solve your problem.
    05-22-11 08:47 AM
    I've got an unlocked torch running on t-mobile uk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 08:57 AM
    It's supposed to do that. *S*hort Message Service limits individual messages to 160 char. Longer than that is split into separate messages.

You're welcome to search on the subject to learn more.
    05-22-11 09:16 AM
    It's supposed to do that. *S*hort Message Service limits individual messages to 160 char. Longer than that is split into separate messages.

You're welcome to search on the subject to learn more.
    Correct. Messages longer then 140 characters are split into multiple messages. Alternatively, perhaps whoever is sending you messages, is only sending them one sentance at a time. Someone with a device that uses a bubble chat display for their messages (ie - iPhone) might be pressing send after each sentance as if it were a messanger app, not rralising that it will come in as multiple text messages...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 10:01 AM
    dont think it would be that. it sends one half of the message and then other half a second later
    05-22-11 10:50 AM
    If you just want the text messages to be put together as a whole text when coming in, you could try going into the text folder > press bb button for menu > options > put a checkmark in the "combine sequential message" box.

I hope that helps with what you were wanting.
    05-22-11 11:04 AM
    I experienced a similar type problem where having typed a long(ish) text message, the message would disappear - not sent; not red marked, just gone.

I had updated the Blackberry Operating System earlier that day and prior to that had no issue sending text messages - upto 8 lines long

Having read here about SMS, I went to my TEXT MESSAGES - OPTIONS and noted that the Option for "Send Text only Message As" was set as AUTOMATIC.

I changed this setting to ALWAYS MMS and messages are now being issued - regardless of text length
    05-23-11 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD