Is anyone else experiencing my issue. My company enforces a security policy that will lock the phone if not used for 5 min. I am required to enter a password to start using the phone again. My issue is after entering my password there is a long delay (8 to 10 seconds) before I can do anything. It seems to hang on the home screen. After the delay everything is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 12:30 AM
    clear all your cookies and stuff from your browser and do a battery pull mayb that will help it speed up
    08-16-10 12:43 AM
    I was literally about to post something about this.

I'm experiencing this as well. My delay is not as long as yours. It's about 4-5 seconds sometimes. Sometimes it can be just 2 seconds, but there is a consistent pause after coming out of lock mode.

I'm not sure what's causing it. It can't be back ground apps since I already closed all of them.

Here's one more thing I noticed the delay/pause is usually after I open or close the slide mechanism. So for example after typing in my password with the physical keyboard to unlock it I would get a pause, but if I use the virtual keyboard I don't get the delay (as often).
    Last edited by hnguyen; 08-16-10 at 12:46 AM.
    08-16-10 12:44 AM
    QUOTE=hnguyen;5470308]I was literally about to post something about this.

I'm experiencing this as well. My delay is not as long as yours. It's about 4-5 seconds sometimes. Sometimes it can be just 2 seconds, but there is a consistent pause after coming out of lock mode.

I'm not sure what's causing it. It can't be back ground apps since I already closed all of them.

Here's one more thing I noticed the delay/pause is usually after I open or close the slide mechanism. So for example after typing in my password with the physical keyboard to unlock it I would get a pause, but if I use the virtual keyboard I don't get the delay (as often).[/QUOTE]

I did a battery pull and it has improved somewhat.

08-16-10 01:45 AM
    I see this also. In the 5+ sec range
    08-16-10 05:33 AM
    Ditto for me to. I am on an enterpise server and experience about a 4-5 second delay.. Going to try and clear the cookies ect ect and see what happens.

08-16-10 07:24 AM
    I reported this in the official bug thread as well.....I get a long delay/lag when coming out of a locked screen as well.

I clear cookies and ALT LG all the time, none of this has done anything for the hang up. I wonder if this is something they can tend to with their next update or something. It is annoying......but the phone is awesome!
    08-16-10 07:43 AM
    I have that same problem too. My touchpad also lags when I am using it to navigate. Its ok though because the phone is just so beautiful. There is a learning curve to it though.
    08-16-10 08:26 AM
    Same issue here, usually 4-5 seconds or less. It's abit "annoying" but I'm not in such a hurry that I need to use an app that quickly. =)
    08-16-10 05:39 PM
    I too have the lag. It must be a setting on the phone if only a few ppl here are experiencing it. It is a siginificant lag. If you have the lag you would probbaly be complaining about it!
    08-17-10 09:45 AM
    I'm actually here specifically to complain and hopefully find a fix for the lag. I'm not going to get all dramatic and say it's unusable, but I'll be returning the phone if it doesn't get better. It's really bad.

I have to put my phone down after I unlock it, wait a few, then start using it. Not only that but it lags all over the place. Not just after unlocking, but that's where I can see it every time.
    08-17-10 05:56 PM
    Had to pull the battery for display issues but it seems to have helped my lag on unlock issue.
    08-17-10 10:48 PM
    I have done 3 battery pulls since new. It seems to be getting better, but still not what I would expect.

Hopefully there will be some fix for this in the future.
    08-17-10 11:25 PM
    This happens occasionally for me too. My phone auto unlocks when slid up and works fine both ways (pushing unlock or sliding up) when it is only locked for a short time. I experience it the most when I unlock and then use the side convenience key for the camera, often it takes multiple pushes to get it to come up.
    08-17-10 11:35 PM
    I get a delay of about 5-8 seconds any time I unlock the phone.
    When not locked, I slide my screen up and I have a delay of about 3-5 seconds.
    I have had the phone over a week now and the delay seems to be getting longer or happenning more often.
    08-24-10 02:18 PM
    Just to bump this thread .....I still have this issue as well.

It's close to 15 seconds now for me

Anyone find any solutions?
    11-16-13 10:54 AM
    I forgot to get back about a resolution to this...

Once my BES admin set my email age to 30 days from unlimited it was resolved. Instant loads now.

I get 100-200 emails daily, lots with attachments....that's a lot to load and index if you have years to load.
    06-13-14 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD