Tried searching for this, but cannot find a solution.

For now, I've the default theme on the torch (just got it today). I've set up the txt to display when the phone is locked; however, when I lock it, I only get a black/blank screen (then the regular screen with the prompt that the screen is locked and to press the unlock button if I want to use the phone). Am I missing some setting somewhere?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 10:58 PM
    You have to lock your phone with a password for the lock screen to work. Go to Security>Password and enable it and choose one.
    10-13-10 11:27 PM
    Just tried it and still nothing. Enabled password. Then went to home screen, pressed lock button on top->again, just a black/blank screen and it never asked me for my password either!

Any other ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 11:35 PM
    Ok, ignore the last message...

It DOES work, but ONLY AFTER the password lock engages... and then I get the text display I want, but also the pop-up box asking the 3 options (whether i want to type my password, cancel, or make an emergency call), which covers part of the txt.

Password lock is also pointless for me, as I use pattern lock (much quicker) and it stops quick pull from running if password locked.

anyone know if applying themes fixes this? (eg. the second I push the physical lock button at top, I'd get the locked screen and my preferred text?--the reason I prefer that is because if I'm to accidentally leave my phone somewhere, anyone who pushes on the screen/buttons will automatically have a way to contact me... The phone will still be "locked" bc of pattern lock (with my storm, if I had pushed the physical "lock" key, i'd have to unlock before being able toenter my pattern). I'm not really worried about "losing" the phone or leaving it randomly anywhere, more for if I leave it somewhere at work, so someone can easily return it to me)
    10-14-10 11:32 AM
    Does your text not show up when locked w/ Pattern Lock?
    Mine does.
    10-14-10 12:10 PM
    No. when locked with pattern lock, I just have the pattern lock background and 9 dots.--no text other than the normal battery meter, time/date, and signal strength indicator (Are you using the full or "lite/free" version of pattern lock? Mine is the lite version (as I only need it to lock the phone, not individual items), so maybe that's why, if yours is the full version)
    10-14-10 12:22 PM
    I'm on the full version (I wanted to be able to display my BerryWeather icon on it).

It's worth the price
    10-14-10 12:30 PM
    No. when locked with pattern lock, I just have the pattern lock background and 9 dots.--no text other than the normal battery meter, time/date, and signal strength indicator (Are you using the full or "lite/free" version of pattern lock? Mine is the lite version (as I only need it to lock the phone, not individual items), so maybe that's why, if yours is the full version)
    Did you ever get this work with Pattern lock? I am having the same issue, my owner info does show when I lock the phone either
    10-14-10 01:54 PM
    Did you ever get this work with Pattern lock? I am having the same issue, my owner info does show when I lock the phone either
    Are you on the 'lite' or 'full' release?
    10-14-10 01:57 PM
    Are you on the 'lite' or 'full' release?
    Full version
    10-14-10 01:57 PM
    Full version
    Strange.

Looked in the settings but didn't notice anything to enable Owner info. Not sure if I had my text displaying by default or if I had changed a configuration somewhere...
    10-14-10 02:33 PM
    Now how is that suppose to help me ? So when you enable pattern lock your owner info shows up?
    10-14-10 02:44 PM
    I figured out! Yippee, there was an option for the owner info to show. Thanks!
    10-14-10 03:20 PM
    I figured out! Yippee, there was an option for the owner info to show. Thanks!
    Glad you were able to find it (I looked through the settings, but couldn't locate the option).

To help the OP, where exactly is the setting?
    10-14-10 04:34 PM
    Bermie I found the option under appearance in Pattern lock, scroll all the way down to lock message, delete what's there and type in your own message. That's how I finally got mine to work. Good luck!
    10-14-10 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD