So for the past couple of days i have been trying to get AIM & MSN working on my unlocked Torch 9800 but have had no success. I have everything working like the browser, MMS, Facebook, Etc. Thank to the good people providing me with the links on how to get my browser, etc. Those are the only 2 things that i cant get to work on my phone. This is the messege i keep receiving when attempting to install:

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry"

So if any one out there have any suggestions or ideas that i havnt thought of, please let know, i would really appreciate it. I know i may need the Service Books but i already loaded service books to get the browser and MMS woking. Thanks for your time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 04:13 AM
    maybe the AOL IM app isnt supported for OS 6 yet.
    08-21-10 04:58 AM
    I was thinking the same but the app came pre loaded i. There already. I remember i logged in once worked just fine but then never again did it want to work

08-21-10 07:24 AM
    AIM works fine on my 9800. The issue is obviously going to be the fact you're not using it on AT&T /and a service book issue.
    08-21-10 07:50 AM
    You need servicebooks (the generic tmobile servicebooks don't include them) for both those to work. When your carrier starts pushing OS6 servicebooks they'll start working.

08-21-10 08:06 AM
    Or use im+lite that works over tcp.

08-21-10 08:11 AM
    You need servicebooks (the generic tmobile servicebooks don't include them) for both those to work. When your carrier starts pushing OS6 servicebooks they'll start working.

Cool thanks for the responces guy i guess ill os6 comes out for tmobile and tey it then. Now that we've all seen the video of the bold 9700 running os 6 shouldn't be that much longer for the release maybe and hopefully then ill have it working

08-21-10 09:45 AM
    Easy.

Do a reboot first then post. =P
    08-22-10 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD