Hello everyone what a awesome forum/site you have running here. Now I have said

hello it's time to get onto business :P

Anyways I have never had or used a Blackberry as I am a Android user, but I have been given a task to fix a a broken Red Blackberry Torch 9800. The user said it was working fine and it froze, she then whipped out the battery and now it won't turn on or is a boot loop. I have tried my best to follow the instructions at (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry) but I am stumped at one stage of the restore. It probablysomething completely silly but I can't get my head round it as it is a new adventure for me. While doing the restore I get the "Device Application Selection" part of the restore and in the selection area it says "The Blackberry Desktop Software soes not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer." I have downloaded and ran the installers for the following:

�9800AllLang_v6.0.0.534_P6.6.0.200
    �9800AllLang_v6.0.0.668_P6.6.0.236
    �9800AllLang_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248
    �9800M_v6.0.0.546_P6.6.0.207

I have tried loads of different ALX/ALI files from the folders and each one says:

"This application is not compatible with your device and cannnot be loaded."

I guess I'm using the wrong OS version or I have messed something up with the install or even going the wrong direction completely

Can some kind soul point in the right direction or can someone call me a and tell me what to do to bring the Blackberry back to life please?

Many thanks I look forward to learning some new stuff from you all
    05-21-12 06:38 PM
    Uninstall all OS's but the one you want.
    click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations.

Use the loader.exe to start the process.
    05-21-12 07:28 PM
    Uninstall all OS's but the one you want.
    click start,type cmd, enter, cd\ [enter], dir vendor.xml /s /p [enter] let it run, take note of where it finds them and go delete them from those locations.

Use the loader.exe to start the process.
    Thanks kbz1960 for the info but I have hit another wall, after getting halfway through the process it stops at the "Reconnecting to JVM" and I have tried unplugging and clicking retry with the battery in and out but still no joy. Anyways ideas matey?
    05-22-12 03:24 PM
    That's a tricky one I haven't encountered by some here have. From I've read is timing is everything and about the only thing to do is keep trying.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...ckberry-32322/
    05-22-12 03:51 PM
    That's a tricky one I haven't encountered by some here have. From I've read is timing is everything and about the only thing to do is keep trying.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...ckberry-32322/

Hi guys this is driving me nuts! dead ends everything I try I have followed everything exactly in the guides you have posted, I have tried BBSAK and it just refuses to connect to the device even after using the "Kill Processes" button also I have even tried JL_Cmder v1.9.1 and that doesn't seem to play nice either. One thing I have noticed is that on the App Loder used to install the OS, on the connection drop down selection it is saying "USB-PIN: 273D3A01" instead of "USB-Pin: UNKNOWN" I don't know if that is anything to go by? I'm gonna try reinstalling all the BBD and start a fresh to see if that helps. One thing to note is I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit. I hope there is something I can still do to bring it back to life. Many thanks for your help and sorry for being such a pain in the I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else.
    05-28-12 04:41 AM
    The only way I get bbsak to work on win 7 is to kill anything rim and blackberry in task manager first. Also bbsak will not install OS7. I'm not sure pin unknown is needed either as every time I have wiped to a 507 I've never had pin unknown and the OS always installs.
    05-28-12 04:46 AM
    The only way I get bbsak to work on win 7 is to kill anything rim and blackberry in task manager first. Also bbsak will not install OS7. I'm not sure pin unknown is needed either as every time I have wiped to a 507 I've never had pin unknown and the OS always installs.
    Tried killing every BB process while using BBSAK and I'm installing OS6 I don't think OS7 will work on this device, still won't connect I'm about ready to throw it at all wall.
    05-28-12 04:53 AM
    Tried killing every BB process while using BBSAK and I'm installing OS6 I don't think OS7 will work on this device, still won't connect I'm about ready to throw it at all wall.
    Bah, I didn't pay attention to the OP and what you were working with. From what they say the key is getting the battery in at the exact moment. It could also be a hardware malfunction. I've never used bbsak to install an OS, only to wipe and get a 507 error. You could try loader from a command prompt with loader /nojvm.
    05-28-12 05:05 AM
    Bah, I didn't pay attention to the OP and what you were working with. From what they say the key is getting the battery in at the exact moment. It could also be a hardware malfunction. I've never used bbsak to install an OS, only to wipe and get a 507 error. You could try loader from a command prompt with loader /nojvm.
    Still no joy even doing via the command prompt, I'm starting to hate Blackberrys now *slowly starts sobbing*
    05-28-12 05:47 AM
    LOL it can be frustrating. Are you using a desktop or laptop? Have you tried a different usb port?
    05-28-12 06:00 AM
    LOL it can be frustrating. Are you using a desktop or laptop? Have you tried a different usb port?
    Yeah tell me about it I'm using a desktop and I have tried it on multiple USB ports, I know that the ports are fine because it is a rather new motherboard.
    05-28-12 06:21 AM
    What version of dm are you using? Maybe try the newest beta you can get from here.

BlackBerry OS Downloads

Edit: also make sure no power saving features are enabled on the usb ports.
    05-28-12 06:27 AM
    What version of dm are you using? Maybe try the newest beta you can get from here.

BlackBerry OS Downloads

Edit: also make sure no power saving features are enabled on the usb ports.
    In my power management section I have turned any options that put the USBs to sleep to OFF. I am currently running BBD 6.1 (6.1.0.36) I am currently downloading the latest beta from that link you posted and I'll let you know how I get on *fingers crossed*
    05-28-12 06:39 AM
    Just tried the latest beta version of BBD and still no joy it still keeps stopping at the "Reconnectiong to JVM" even with the loader /nojvm command. Grrrr
    05-28-12 07:07 AM
    I don't know if I'm being silly but usually when it fails at connecting at JVM don't u disconnect it, reconnect then click retry (without taking out the battery)
    05-28-12 07:16 AM
    Disregard. Couldn't get it to work.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 05-28-12 at 07:22 AM.
    05-28-12 07:18 AM
    I don't know if I'm being silly but usually when it fails at connecting at JVM don't u disconnect it, reconnect then click retry (without taking out the battery)
    Maybe not so silly. I've never run into this problem so I haven't really had to research it.
    05-28-12 07:25 AM
    I tried that matey with and without the battery and still no joy
    05-28-12 08:19 AM
    This is beginning to sound like a hardware fault to me.

Where are you located in the UK? I'm in Reading. If you are nearby, maybe I could help, or, maybe not...
    05-28-12 08:26 AM
    This is beginning to sound like a hardware fault to me.

Where are you located in the UK? I'm in Reading. If you are nearby, maybe I could help, or, maybe not...
    That's what I was thinking to be honest, I'm about 117 miles away from you I'm down in the south west in a town called Bridgwater in Somerset. But many thanks for the offer
    05-28-12 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD