Hi all,
    Strange problem am facing recently with this torch..
    the light of 4 buttons doesn't turn off when the backlight of the display turns off.
    their light keeps on forever until i press the lock key!!!!
    very strange, and noisy problem!!

any advises?
    12-11-10 05:06 AM
    I had the same problem before. Don't know what caused it, but I just did a battery pull and it was back to normal.
    12-11-10 06:41 AM
    I bumped into the same problem last week, I wasn't sure what caused the problem but I know the problem happened right when I was finished with a phone call. After the lights wouldn't go off, I made a phone call, ended it again and the lights went off along with the backlight. Strange problem, I agree.
    12-11-10 11:44 AM
    I have this problem any time I use the headset that came with the Torch. But usually only if I use them for an extended period of time.

Were any of you possibly using a headset before you noticed the buttons' backlight staying lit? Just curious...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 07:44 PM
    Wow that is a very strange problem. I have no idea what could cause that. But as the first poster stated, a battery pull fixed his, a batter pull is the best option. If it continues after the pull, I'd say return it or call customer support or something like that.
    12-11-10 09:02 PM
    I just push the screen lock button for this issue.

12-12-10 11:55 AM
    This problem just happen to me yesterday and I don't use a headset at all. Trying a battery pull now to see if that fixes it.
    12-12-10 12:00 PM
    So I was playing around last night trying to see if I could recreate this problem for myself again...and I can't. After I posted in this thread I was thinking to myself that this hadn't happened to me in a while. Don't qoute me, but I believe ever since I upgraded to [.337] this issue has gone away.

Or maybe because I'm looking to recreate the issue, my BB is being tempermental and the backlights will only stay on when they want to! Haha.

Either way, I never considered it to be a serious issue anyway and like mentioned above ^ a battery pull fixes the problem

12-12-10 12:14 PM
    i upgraded to .337 ,it disappeared for a while then back again then gone by itself, very annoying!!!!
    12-14-10 02:01 PM
    This hasnt hapened to me yet but I have seen several threads on this issue and it seems to happen on many different OS's. The temp fix is just a battery pull
    12-14-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD