BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3155 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.3155
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.747
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.249
    File name: 9800AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3155_PL6.6.0.249_A6.0.0.74 7_Telus_Mobility.exe
    File size: 187.17MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here
    iskandarzs, dynot, rambo70 and 2 others like this.
    09-20-12 11:53 AM
    Finally, something new to try out. Thanks.
    09-20-12 02:35 PM
    I'm on 6.0.0.448 with Telus in Ontario. When I check for updates from my device it tells me that I'm currently up to date. Why and where does this update come from?
    09-20-12 07:17 PM
    I'm on 6.0.0.448 with Telus in Ontario. When I check for updates from my device it tells me that I'm currently up to date. Why and where does this update come from?
    Same thing here. I thought official updates were done from the options menu.

Anyway, gave up checking and just DL'ed from rroyy's link. First one I've done in about a year! So far, haven't noticed much difference.
    09-20-12 10:09 PM
    Hey guys,
    I got my work BB is from Telus. I had to download the update to my computer, install it and update.

The update so far seems to have better speed than .448

They've also made the screen fonts a bit smoother and smaller.

Still looking into findings.
    09-20-12 11:48 PM
    Hi,

I installed it without problem and it seems smooth (I was on .723).

The only things is that I cannot activate Entreprise server ! I am not sure it is due to the update itself. It seems ok on my company server's side with a token available to reactivate.

I am wondering if it is not a vodafone issue.

Otherwise, I will have to downgrade....

Has someone been able to active BES ?
    09-21-12 03:45 AM
    Hi,

So, everything seems to be working. Apparently, I was combining an upgrade with RIM having some server issue (Vodafone network).

The firmware seems good to me as far as now. We will see battery usage in the coming days.
    09-21-12 07:19 AM
    How can i install?
    With desktop manager don't see anything, also with bbsak
    09-21-12 08:18 AM
    Loaded on my 9800. No options in e-mail setup for BIS. Reloading again

2nd attempt after complete wipe. No better. Back to the previous release..
    Last edited by NetworkGuy; 09-21-12 at 10:29 AM.
    09-21-12 10:13 AM
    I'm on Office 365/BES and have a concern about upgrading. Any opinions? I am on Telus so perhaps I should just bite the bullet and call/ask them.
    09-21-12 11:15 AM
    Loaded on my 9800. No options in e-mail setup for BIS. Reloading again

2nd attempt after complete wipe. No better. Back to the previous release..

I haven't had my email setup work since my first upgrade to .448. But no worries, I just use the browser and go to the blackberry mail integration site and click Launch Email Setup

bingo!
    09-21-12 01:35 PM
    Ok... so I loaded it up. Kinda a pain... for the last few upgrades, i've had to remove older versions of the OS, and rename the app-loader folder, and of course delete the vendor.xml file... but once that was done, went like a breeze. I'm no BES, and this was the quickest sync I've ever had (so yes, BES is working fine).

As with any update, the phone is faster, but that's also because it was just wiped and cleaned via the install... I expect it will still get its hiccup or two as time goes by...

Other than that, I'm not seeing anything new at this point. I'll update later if I find anything...
    09-21-12 03:08 PM
    I backed up my phone and installed the upgrade via Desktop Manager last night, it went smoothly. I did have to upgrade BBM. The phone is running faster, but rebooting is taking much longer; there seems to be a pause at about 75% done. Also, the trackpad isn't always responding. I had an upgrade showing for App World for .25 before the install that is not showing now even after a refresh of available updates (the .25 vers that allows multi app updating wouldn't show on my phone after install so I had to revert to the earlier vers). I'm sure it will show up again at some point. Otherwise working well
    09-21-12 03:41 PM
    Any definitive improvements over .723 ? Specifics ??
    09-21-12 08:21 PM
    Mine auto reactivated it self to BES after the upgrade completed.
    Last edited by Bash_Man; 09-21-12 at 08:57 PM.
    polytan02 likes this.
    09-21-12 08:52 PM
    09-21-12 09:19 PM
    I had Rogers's .666 loaded on my telus 9800 before upgrading.. and from what I can tell you, the phone overall seems to be running smoother, a bit more responsive.

thats my work phone, so i only have it on my from 8am to 4:30/5pm. I didnt pay attention to the battery state by the end of the work day.

I'll make sure I fully charge it Sunday night and keep an eye on it monday during work to see if I notice a battery drain.
    09-21-12 10:45 PM
    I've now been running this for almost two full days. No problems after the update. It automatically registered to the BIS, and the mail setup still works, although I didn't need to do anything with it - my accounts reloaded during the update just fine.

So far, I haven't come across the "multi-tap when set for SureType" bug that I had in the last few builds - including 723. I had to go back to 706 to clear that up.

Everything seems to run smoothly. Battery drain seems about the same as before - no better, no worse. That's about all I can report.
    09-21-12 11:17 PM
    BTW, when will this thread get stickied to the top since this is now the "latest official" OS?
    09-21-12 11:50 PM
    x2

All I'm looking for is better battery life over .723...

Tiny meter shows averaging around 3-4% ADR
    09-22-12 07:36 AM
    I install this version, but app world don't work.

I try to delete app and re-install, but don't work.
    Any ideas?
    09-22-12 10:13 AM
    Mine current is .723 and downloading .747 now. Thks rroy
    09-23-12 09:13 AM
    This update seems to have "sped up" a number of my apps. Obviously, I never benchmark start / load / interaction times on the berry, but I've been pretty happy with the speed of my stock apps, FB/Twitter, Social Feeds, etc.

No big change in battery life (although I do believe the #1 battery killer is the blackberry ID software - seems the battery will last for ages if I do an upgrade and never hit app world, but once I update BBID and app world, it goes back to normal drain). I stopped using the batt monitoring apps a few updates ago as I was pretty consistent in my usage.
    09-24-12 08:50 AM
    hows the OS now its settled aftera coupleof days??? whats your realistic battery life for moderate use???
    on .723 i ripped through half a battery by lunchtime from 7am start with average use, - emails, social media, bbm, etc.

been sat on .668 for a while as is stable, Great bettery (nomally down to 1/2 when it goes on the dock at 11pm) and copes well with different theme's etc. be nice to have a slightly quicker camera though!!
    09-25-12 04:11 AM
    I'm not noticing much difference in battery... on a weekday, my battery is generally at 1/2 by 10pm (off charge at 7am). Over the weekend, it generally is not on the charger at all.
    09-26-12 10:42 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD